What happened to customer service?

divernick

Amazing that I can get a response to my questions I emailed to a company in the UK with half an hour, without expecting it, I know I will get the quote back in the same period.

Still waiting for the local companys to call me back or email.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I dont think there is any excuse not to have had a reply to an email within 12 hrs. The technology is right there and those who continue to be lazy with replying to emails are losing out, big time. We deal with accommodation venues and conference venues nationwide and at the end of the day the venue that replies the quickest generally secures the business. Funnily enough I know of two small venue owners who are in their sixties (and not very tech savvy) who went out and bought Blackeberries and learnt how to use them so they could reply to an email as quickly as possible! And those same business owners are doing very well. The ones that bleat and moan about the lack of business are the same ones who reply to my mails a week later (no lies!) or don't bother returning calls. Often all a client needs initially is a reply to their email just to say its been received and being attended to.

Already got a quote back, still waiting on the other South African companies, I've not had one response back yet :lol: What a joke :angry:

I'm just wondering at what stage I should be pissed off, and have a good rant to someones boss. This is the scenario,

Last week Thursday I contacted an online shop via email to inquire about some SPD pedals, I'm desperate for some new ones. So come 4 hours later and no response, I deciede to go on the human contact route and phoned the shop to get some answers.

I eventually get the answer I didn't want so no problem I will try somewhere else. So I also have the same problem with this online shop, they don't take to replying to any form of written enquiries it seems, so I call them. I get told for sure the item is in stock, but the price is almost R200 more and the delivery is R75 for next day, so I go back to the original shop to find out when the stock would be in as I would prefer to do business with them, they tell me Monday for sure, great I think, they will let me know as soon as they are in.

Then they tell me thank you very much for the loyalty, I say no problem, Ive always had good service from you guys, I an hold out till you have them.

So come Monday, I get no word. I emailed and called and am still waiting on yesterdays phone call back, I sent an email today and still no word, I called and asked what was happening about 2 hours ago, I'm still waiting on an answer.

So I pose the question, do I go to the top in order to get the answers I've been requesting in 8 different mails. This is highly annoying. Do I just go the other route and pay more?

Hence why Im tring to also get a list of online shops

What to do, what to do?

If it was me, I would go to somebody else and pay a bit more to get what I wanted when I wanted it. When the other bike shop decides to call you and tell you that your stuff is there, you inform them that you got it somewhere else as they hadn't contacted you when they said they would!! It cost you money but it makes you feel better.

@ the OP, pay no more than R270. If they quoted you that knowing that they didn't have stock, then they messed up. If I go to Game or Makro and ask for a TV and they don't have stock but will get it for me, they quote me a price and don't charge me for delivery from the supplier... What is the difference?