My new 2nd-hand MTB!

P.A.K.

Okay guys, so I have to start planning where I want to go with my mountainbiking. My bike rides comfortably enough and I enjoy it very much.

But I have to decide which way to go before taking out some more cash.

Option 1: Buy a new bike some time in the future (probably an alu hardtail 29er) or

Option 2: Upgrade this bad boy as I have money availalble (fork, wheels, groupset, even eventually frame to a lighter hard tail if it needs be). I seriously need more gears (sometimes I'm in the hardest gear and wish there was one more)

Unless its going to be much more expensive, I'm kinda leaning towards Option 2 because of the ability to upgrade as cash becomes available, and also because I'm not sure if I want to go the 29er route (both have their advantages/disadvantages).

so what do you guys reccommend?

• 3 months later...

My front chain rings are slipping because of what looks like wear and tear. Do I have to replace the whole crank set? What speed do I have currently? (I don't know much :whistling:

My front chain rings are slipping because of what looks like wear and tear. Do I have to replace the whole crank set? What speed do I have currently? (I don't know much :whistling:

You can replace each individual chain ring. Go look at your cassette and count the rings then get back to us, that will determine how many gears you have or look at your shifters, if they have an any numbers on their, this too could tell you.

Sell the bike and go 29er especially if hardtail. Worn chainrings means worn chain normally, worn chain could wear out the chainrings and cassette quicker, have your drivetrain checked for wear, check the chain with a chain checker tool.

Sell the bike and go 29er especially if hardtail. Worn chainrings means worn chain normally, worn chain could wear out the chainrings and cassette quicker, have your drivetrain checked for wear, check the chain with a chain checker tool.

Where's JB :unsure:

Ask around at yout LBS ,if they deal with O-bike sometimes they have older model bikes that they break up for spares and you can get a decent air shock(maybe not the latest model)for a decent price.