New MTB Trail at Hennopsriver [R511] opening soon

Francois M

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Btw how many kms of riding have we got there at the moment? Is it worthwhile coming thru?

Hi Eye Candy so far 5km's,Boertjie and I will show you guys the rest of the farm on which we'll be extending the trail on .We hope to have approximately 30km's by mid Sept.

Hi Eye Candy so far 5km's,Boertjie and I will show you guys the rest of the farm on which we'll be extending the trail on .We hope to have approximately 30km's by mid Sept.

Ok, but when u say show, does that mean we can ride the rest of the farm ? I don't wanna come out for 5kms.

Ok, but when u say show, does that mean we can ride the rest of the farm ? I don't wanna come out for 5kms.

There are some additional sections which you would be able to ride on but the rest of the land earmarked for the trail needs to be marked and cut so i'm not sure how rideable it would be on a MTB.The purpose of inviting everybody here is simply to get some input from you the rider who would inevitably support our venue once it's done.

Regards

Francois

The trail is currently only 5Km, the most important, is the section that is completed that leads from the car park and back. If we get positive feedback from what we intend to do, the rest of the trail will be added very soon. We gonna then have 3 trails that will vary from 5Km, 15Km and 25-30Km.

What I would like to do, is to go out with a couple of riders, stop at certain sections to hear what the verdict is, and if any changes needs to be done, and then also show you the rest of the area of what is available to us.

The trail is currently only 5Km, the most important, is the section that is completed that leads from the car park and back. If we get positive feedback from what we intend to do, the rest of the trail will be added very soon. We gonna then have 3 trails that will vary from 5Km, 15Km and 25-30Km.

What I would like to do, is to go out with a couple of riders, stop at certain sections to hear what the verdict is, and if any changes needs to be done, and then also show you the rest of the area of what is available to us.

what time is all this happening?. I need to get some training in tomorrow too .

what time is all this happening?. I need to get some training in tomorrow too .

I'm there all day,, Sat & Sun.. any time you like

Did anyone go this past weekend? Whats the feedback? :)

Sorry, i was gonna come thru yest after my Breedts nek ride but by the time id finished, id lost my sense of humor <_<

I saw 4 guys on the route not sure if they where hubbers though, I was busy carrying my Kawasaki up the koppie so did not get a chance to chat to them,

I did chat to the owners and they are busy cutting the next 20kms as well

Did anyone go this past weekend? Whats the feedback? :)

Sorry, i was gonna come thru yest after my Breedts nek ride but by the time id finished, id lost my sense of humor <_<

We had four guys on Sat,the feedback we got from them was that the terrain is fairly technical,they found it dificult to ride with cleats through the rocks which the last approximately two km's consist of and asked us to provide an alternative to riding through river crossings so we've changed that,other than that a decent workout.I think that when the rest of the trail is added riders would be able to recover with the addition of some downhills and flat single track. I watched the Nissan race on Mi Way Mountain Biking last night and though I have not been to Teak Place myself ,from what I could see from the terrain there I would say that it is similar.We are currently riding out the trail with the motorcycles during the week to try and smooth it out and the trail has come along way from when we started.In the meantime please feel free to come and ride ,we need your inputs.

I wanna know who these 4 guys r that cant ride rocks and r scared of a bit of water :lol:

Looking forward to coming thru soon :)

I wanna know who these 4 guys r that cant ride rocks and r scared of a bit of water :lol:

Looking forward to coming thru soon :)

Hey Candy,if this is how you feel about rocks and water and you tired of riding your bicycle please feel free to hop onto a motorbike and come and explore the other side of the mountain at Wild west,you'll be right at home there :clap: .