New MTB Trail at Hennopsriver [R511] opening soon

Francois M

JUST LET ME KNOW I WILL BE THERE

Just come ride the trail ,see WildWest aka Boertjie's direction in this post.Like i've said before we keen on getting your opinions.Just dont tell the Enduro Boys it"s free ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey boys and gals, i will be very keen. Keep me in the loop!!!!

Just come ride this weekend Neil sure you wont be disapointed.

pieter1, no not the same place as the 4X4 trail. Wild West has always been a dirt bike venue, there are no routes there for 4x4 or quads for that matter.

rocky is good but not to rocky ne?!

please ride it yourself with a hardtail before you invite gauteng.. :blush:

You guys are more than welcome to ride it during the week,,just let me know when,,and I'll make sure that I'm there.

you can ride in the week as well, but they may not be someone there to point you onto the right route. The markers are yellow ( if you see red or green markers you are on the dirtbike track, which is going to hurt... a lot). Keep the yellow markers on your left and follow the route.

I pre rode it on a hardtail with solid forks, it was a bit grassy and bumpy, but the guys have had a few dirt bikes go round the loop, with a few more dirtbikes riding it in the week, so by the weekend the grass will be flattened.

Rocky, that area is very rocky but the route winds its whay through the rocks, I would say you are riding on dirt 90% of the time the other 10% on rocks and water.

Best to check it out and pass your criticism to the owners, they are looking to build a safe haven for 2 wheeled dirt enthusiasts.

Just remember this is virgin bushveld with the route being cut into the bush, you are not following car tracks or cattle foot paths

Is it the same place as the 4x4 trails?

Hi Pieter,no its not.You"ve got to go past that turn off for the 4 by 4"s which is on your left.The next gravel rd to your right would be for Gerhardsville,take that road and look out for sign saying Wild West.

Just come ride this weekend Neil sure you wont be disapointed.

Hi Francois M, will see you next week. Can you PM me your contact details in case i get lost or do you have GPS coordinates for me please?

Rgds

Neilo

Cool, maybe ill come thru Sat :)

Great! Now the place will be full of guys trying to meet you, and to see if you're really that quick uphill....;)

Hi Pieter,no its not.You"ve got to go past that turn off for the 4 by 4"s which is on your left.The next gravel rd to your right would be for Gerhardsville,take that road and look out for sign saying Wild West.

Sweet! Wil come around soon!

all over it like a fat kid and chocolate cake

Great Mark,be sure to post some feedback after you've ridden the trail.

Hi Francois M, will see you next week. Can you PM me your contact details in case i get lost or do you have GPS coordinates for me please?

Rgds

Neilo

GPS coordinates

S 25.84990

E 28.00708

Great! Now the place will be full of guys trying to meet you, and to see if you're really that quick uphill....;)

Haha. Btw how many kms of riding have we got there at the moment? Is it worthwhile coming thru?

Edited by eyecandy