New MTB Trail at Hennopsriver [R511] opening soon

Francois M

Hi Hubbers

We have to date not had much interest in our venue from members and we are wondering whether to continue with the rest of the trail.Again your feedback is important to us and we would appreciate it if you guys could come ride the trail.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is great news, another new trail to go and play in.

What sort of cost are we looking at? And how long is the route now? We will be coming through on sunday!

Where exactly is this place? and ow long is the trail currently? id like to come through early Sunday morning, what time do you guys open up?

Now this is great news, another new trail to go and play in.

What sort of cost are we looking at? And how long is the route now? We will be coming through on sunday!

It's free for now ,we've completed 5km"s.Once we have completed the full trail,we will start charging people R30.Is this a fair price?

Im certainly keen and with teak closing down, any new track in the surrounding area is a plus

Great ,then come ride.The track is open everyday now and Kobus and I are there all day.

Where exactly is this place? and ow long is the trail currently? id like to come through early Sunday morning, what time do you guys open up?

It's just behind Gerhardsville.If you coming from Fourways past Diepsloot,continue underneath Krugersdorp Highway,past the Garage that looks like a Castle,turn left on the Hartebeespoortdam rd , past Tatz estate agents ,4X4 track,Rhuslancea until you get to a gravel rd with sign saying Gerhardsville,turn right continue for 2km's turn left at Wild West.My number is 0847730080 or 0748983280 if you get lost.The track is 5km's long with the potential to add another 20km"s.We plan on having the trail completed by 24th of Sept.See you on Sunday we are there from 7am .

Regards

Francois

Can you post some route maps and profiles?

Once we've completed the trail we will do this ,in the interim we'd just like you guys to come and ride whats there so we can get some feedback on how to improve what we've build so far..

• 3 weeks later...

HI Francois,

is the trail still open to ride? would like to come check it out this week sometime??

Here are a map and profile of the 5km route.

post-3378-0-53961400-1317033766.jpg

post-3378-0-02110200-1317033767.jpg

The 5km loop has 131m ascent. It is fairly technical singletrack and rocky. The first half is spent going downhill and then you return to the top. It is a good workout.

Some new trails have been added that I will ride tomorrow. I think it will add another 9-10km of route. I will post a map and profile of them as well.

Guys and girls, go have a look please, it is not a boring trail at all, it demands your full attention all the time. I am not a technical riding expert and had to get off once or twice, but with a bit of familiarity and practice one should be able to stay on the bike. Safe parking and not overly crowded. I know I will be there often.:thumbup:

Edited by BigGuy

HI Francois,

is the trail still open to ride? would like to come check it out this week sometime??

Hi Neg ,yes it is and yes you are welcome to come and ride at no cost .If you need info or my number is 0847730080.

Regards

Francois

Here are a map and profile of the 5km route.

post-3378-0-53961400-1317033766.jpg

post-3378-0-02110200-1317033767.jpg

The 5km loop has 131m ascent. It is fairly technical singletrack and rocky. The first half is spent going downhill and then you return to the top. It is a good workout.

Some new trails have been added that I will ride tomorrow. I think it will add another 9-10km of route. I will post a map and profile of them as well.

Guys and girls, go have a look please, it is not a boring trail at all, it demands your full attention all the time. I am not a technical riding expert and had to get off once or twice, but with a bit of familiarity and practice one should be able to stay on the bike. Safe parking and not overly crowded. I know I will be there often.:thumbup:

Hey ,Dirk i'll see you tommorow morning bright and early,txs for the positive feedback,hopefully more guys will come try out the trail with the info you've provided.We'll post the profile and route map of the complete trail tommorow.

Here is an example of the completed track so far, about 10.3k. Nice challenging ride. The trail starts at the red dot, going clock-wise. Total elevation is 229m. I will take some pics on next visit.

post-3378-0-57724000-1317135382.jpg

Edited by BigGuy