Look Quartz vs. Time Atac

Shortpants

Hi,

I want to buy some new pedals, but want to make the right choice.

Look Quartz Carbon vs. Time Atac Carbon

The weight difference is quite a lot.

Look (230g)

Time (338g)

I've riden with Time pedals and they are very nice, but it looks like the cleat meganism for the two pedals is the same?

Can someone maybe help that has some expereince with this choice?

Thanks

I started on ATACS, went to Eggbeaters, now riding Quartz.

The ATACa I had was pretty much bomb-proof - they worked everywhere and were low on maintenance.

I decided to try out some bottom of the range eggbeaters because I liked the low weight and minimalist design. They were ok, but required some maintenance now and then. I was not convinced to buy a high end set. I then changed my shoes, and unclipping became a huge problem with the eggbeaters, so I changed to Looks.

I have been on the Quartz since May. What I like compared to the others:

-Very big pedal platform to push on. It just feels nice to have more area to push against.

-Low weight, which is quite impressive if you take the area into account.

-Very good mud clearance - I had only 2 days of riding in the wet, but got into some very heavy mud in places.

Dislikes:

-getting the set-up right is a bit of a mission. You need to find the right amount of spacers under the cleat so you can clip in and out easily, but still have contact between the shoe and pedal platform. Best is to but the bike on an idt and try different spacers.

What I am not sure about:

-Durability. I have not had them long enough to comment, but they are holding up ok so far. One pedal have developed a tiny bit of play - it could be nothing, but I should have it checked out.