Don't hate the Spruit!

patches

Hi everyone, I live/ride in KZN Midlands and work in JHB (Sunninghill) so will be looking to hook up for some weekday morning rides from mid Jan onwards - training for TransPortugal. Sounds pretty scary riding around Jhb on your own so thought I should try and join a group. Of course, any invites will be reciprocated if you guys are ever in my neck of the woods - Karkloof/Notties/Howick/Hilton etc. Look forward to hearing from you all..

Join the rest of the Trans Portugal riders. Let me know when you get up here and we can arrange some rides.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic. Are you riding next year? I have made contact with 9 of the 19 SA riders and keen to meet the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody riding the spruit today?

I might be keen for a relaxed one... what time would you plan on being at Fratelli's? What sort of distance and pace you thinking of?

Looking to start anytime between 5 and 5:30, if I finish everything I need to do. Not sure on the pace. Distance doesn't matter. At least to Emmarentia and back.

Looking to start anytime between 5 and 5:30, if I finish everything I need to do. Not sure on the pace. Distance doesn't matter. At least to Emmarentia and back.

Cool, as long as we don't do Northcliff hill... I hear it's fenced off now!

hahaha! just kididng, but I'll be on a jump/4X bike, so Emmarentia and back is about my limit.

I'll be there just before 5.

@ Cyfermaster...

sorry to be a flake, but I won't be able to make it this afternoon...

sorry mate!

Meeting at Fratelli's at 16:30 if you would like to join us. Otherwise should be up at Emmies just after 5 should be in a group of 4 wearing Marshalls World of Sport kit.

Just heard that 5 male cyclist were bike jacked on Monday morning by dudes with guns. The dudes jumped in front of them and covered the rear. Made off with the bikes... Not too sure about the rest of the details...

Just heard that 5 male cyclist were bike jacked on Monday morning by dudes with guns. The dudes jumped in front of them and covered the rear. Made off with the bikes... Not too sure about the rest of the details...

what on the spruit? where exactly?

what on the spruit? where exactly?

I'm part of a BBM group on the other side of the Spruit (Witkoppen end). One of the members on the group noted the following upon me asking for more details: I'm not sure. A friend of mine heard the guy talk on his phone in the shop and the asked him about it afterwards. The guy just said they were riding down the spruit and they were going quite fast when guys stood in front and behind them with guns. They had pepper spray but couldn't do anything with it. They just wanted the bikes and nothing else. My friend then immediately phoned me to tell me about it

I would assume it must be somewhere on the Sunninghill side because I've never heard of any incidents from Fratelli's upwards.

• 3 months later...

Hellow hi. I'm going to be riding the spruit from tomorow round 4pm. From fratellis round

Emmarentia and back. Its 20 odd k's at a relaxed pace. If your keen pm me.

Sweet.