Life expectancy of a Fox fork?

Bat-ass

What kind of life do you get out of a Fox fork (RL 29er to be exact)...

i ride the bike about 3 times a week, total about 4 hours of which 2 hours on dirt average.... THe real training happens on the road bike ;)!!!!

the fork is 1 year old and had 1 service and still seems perfect?....

Why i ask is, i'v got my eye on some bike upgrades, but dont want to spend money on the bike if the fork is going to come to the end of its life.....

My answer is based on the Fox service guidelines. If I remember, they say service every 50hours of riding. That is extreme though. I service my fork every 6 months. My riding is 75% on the WC course in PMB and then dirt and road. Each time the technician says there was nothing wrong. Music to my ears. I'd rather that than only service when I see/feel something is wrong. R150*2 or R6500 for a new one.

It still has many years of service available. Service it regularly and it will outlast the next frame aswell.

Fox fork - service every 50 hours and it will last quite a bit.

If you dont service regularly - dirt & oil builds up and makes a grinding paste that damages the coating on the legs - that is normally what goes on a fork!

I normally service 2 - 3 times a year : Jan - April - July/Aug - twice in the wet season, once in the dry.

Save the coating on the legs and you save your fork!!!

Get a decent shock Mech to do it for you - I dont trust LBS with that. Deal with the guy face to face and your shock will go a long way.

Its all about preventative maintenance - rather a R 550 service than a R 4500 new shock.

Like AndreZA said, look after it and it will still have plenty of life left.

Also, if you haven't already got them, get the service agent to put Enduro seals in next time. They're better thn the Fox ones.

Fox fork - service every 50 hours and it will last quite a bit.

If you dont service regularly - dirt & oil builds up and makes a grinding paste that damages the coating on the legs - that is normally what goes on a fork!

I normally service 2 - 3 times a year : Jan - April - July/Aug - twice in the wet season, once in the dry.

Save the coating on the legs and you save your fork!!!

Get a decent shock Mech to do it for you - I dont trust LBS with that. Deal with the guy face to face and your shock will go a long way.

Its all about preventative maintenance - rather a R 550 service than a R 4500 new shock.

+1!! I agree with everything you said.

Like AndreZA said, look after it and it will still have plenty of life left.

Also, if you haven't already got them, get the service agent to put Enduro seals in next time. They're better thn the Fox ones.

I'v heard the enduro seals are hard on the arm coating and cause premature wear?? anybody got first hand experience?