MTB Training Programs

Pieterg

There is a lot of programs for roadies .Do anybody know where I can get trainng programs for MTB.Example how do I train for there Crater Cruise 106km.Please Help

how do I train for there Crater Cruise 106km.

Put lots of k's in your legs, and do lots of power intervals on your indoor trainer. MTB has heavier bike + more rolling resistance than road biking, so you have to train for that by riding your MTB off road for long distances and building more power.

70k MTB rides every weekend, do 70k Saturday and 40k Sunday to start to build up the mileage.

Then hit the IDT 3 or 4 times a week for 1 hour warming up for 15-20min in aerobic zone < 75% max hr then doing intervals in 83-87% HR zone, and alternate between the 2. A few weeks of this will get your power up nicely, and you will feel the difference on the trail.

A rest week every third week where you drop the volume of training by 15 - 20% and then the next week back to the levels of before the rest week.

Works for me.

Better still get a power meter and train with that, you can then really gauge your status of fitness and tweak your programme accordingly.

Thanks

I'll try it .I can do a 65km MTB mostly on gravel roads in 2:50 but my legs fell dead .When there is a sprint or jump i'm dead.I think like you say I must do more intervals

Regards

There is a lot of programs for roadies .Do anybody know where I can get trainng programs for MTB.Example how do I train for there Crater Cruise 106km.Please Help

Be cautious about getting "off the shelve" training programmes! Your training programme should be compiled around your current level of conditioning and your goal and should not be a 1-size-fits-all! Furthermore your bike's set-up plays a vital role in your ability to transfer energy and should be fine tuned to your body! We therefore do a biometric and cardio assessment and use that information for a professional body-bike fit as well as for compiling your personalised training programme. In addition, we view skill as a function of conditioning which should also be addressed - the same with goal setting and mind coaching ...