The Danny Hart Attack

Capricorn

Guest Omega Man

Notice how Danny Hart and Aaron Gwin are no longer wearing those toilet bowls around their neck anymore.... Just saying.

Notice how Danny Hart and Aaron Gwin are no longer wearing those toilet bowls around their neck anymore.... Just saying.

Oh, THAT'S why the're winning. And all this time I thought it was talent, dedication and balls! I suppose the fact that Gee Atherton has started wearing a toilet seat is the reason he's no longer on the top step...

It's all so clear now!

How are they guys riding with the Omega braces doing?

;)

Edited by the_wes

Guest Omega Man

Oh, THAT'S why the're winning.

No No. They've stopped using them cos they cause more injury than they protect you from. Meow.

OH MEGA SNAP!

*grabs popcorn*

however, Mega man is on the right track. CRC team manager used questions pulled from FB, and the question I asked was about why Danny and Aaron arent wearing neck braces any more.. (pretty chuffed it got asked!! :clap: )

Aaron gave a rather quizzical answer: he said it was personal preference, sorta hinted at movement restrictions, but then said there was a bunch of other factors as well.

Yes, no, maybe anyone??

OH MEGA SNAP!

*grabs popcorn*

however, Mega man is on the right track. CRC team manager used questions pulled from FB, and the question I asked was about why Danny and Aaron arent wearing neck braces any more.. (pretty chuffed it got asked!! :clap: )

Aaron gave a rather quizzical answer: he said it was personal preference, sorta hinted at movement restrictions, but then said there was a bunch of other factors as well.

Yes, no, maybe anyone??

Funnily enough, I was chatting to a moto boy about this the other day, Apparently, according to him, some study found them to be more harmful than good. Will try get some more info.

No No. They've stopped using them cos they cause more injury than they protect you from. Meow.

hehehe touché ;)

someone better tell the athertons!

with reference to braces, not sure if this being the case here.

but by using the braces you are effectively changing the "weak" point.

just like guys with knee braces break femurs, the neck braces cause strain on lower vertebrae.

the issue tho is that, yes you may injure yourself with or without the brace. the difference being the severity, like a blown knee vs a broken leg, or a broken back or paralysis

Guest Omega Man

the neck braces cause strain on lower vertebrae.

1 million percent agree with you. (Sort of) Neck braces are designed to prevent catastrophic injury to the Cervical spine (neck).

Some of them transfer force onto the Thoracic spine (T Spine) via that back piece. The makers of that other brace (No names mentioned. Think yellow) say on their website that the chance of this type of injury from their product is small. (I can't remember if it still does)

Having said that, the chance of a neck fracture is also tiny.

Not all neck braces run down the spine. Omega and Ortema have back supports that rest on the scapula's removing that problem.

Personally I currently wear no neck brace. I've owned a Leatt brace and own a S1 and K1 Omega brace. I find that the trade off ITO visibility is just too great for me.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

those jumps at the end are craazzy

Much respect to those guys and girls.

Just saw the topic, our Deputy MD's name is Danny, being a Lebanese Prima Donna he has a hart attack every 15 minutes! Thought the topic was about him!