Triathlon clubs near Randpark Ridge, Randburg

Seeker911

I was wondering what all the other triathlon hubbers do when it comes to local club membership who live in and around Randpark Ridge. It seems to me there is a shortage of tri clubs close to where I live. TSA membership is up for renewal and they are politely asking what club you belong to.

I don't think there is 10 tri clubs, in Fourways there is the Troisport lot, but that is out of the way for me. So you go with cycling and running clubs and Virgin active for swimming. 1 in 3.

Club membership is not compulsory for TSA membership. That is unless it changed with the recent AGM?<BR><BR>'No club' is still an option on the list. Just pick that.

Edited by agteros

You can chat to Phil, he is the swim coach at Brightwater Virgin Active. Earlier in the year he sent out a mail about starting the Aqua Tri Triathlon Club.

Contact: Adrian - adrian at aquaathlete dot co dot za or Phillipe - triedgedynamics at yahoo dot com

I have a current club membership with Troisport but the club is too far out - Sunninghill. I get zero benefit from the membership apart from the fact that they have all the relevant affiliations. If I want to participate in club runs and cycling etc I got to drive from Randpark to Sunninghill or Broadacres. It would be great if there was a local club where training sessions, group runs, time trials and cycle rides etc were organized. There is benefit to be had from training with other people. Its more sociable and you push yourself harder. It seems to me that my only real choice is to sign up with Randburg Harriers (round the corner from me) and perhaps Northcliff Cycles or maybe Cresta wheelers from a cycling point of view. I very much like the Cyclelab setup but again too far out. From what I can see on the TSA web site I still think the "No club" option is valid. Perhaps if I suggested it Randburg Harriers would even consider opening a triathlon section at some point in time.

I did send Adrian an email so I'll see what sort of reply I get.

Edited by Seeker911

I have a current club membership with Troisport but the club is too far out - Sunninghill. I get zero benefit from the membership apart from the fact that they have all the relevant affiliations. If I want to participate in club runs and cycling etc I got to drive from Randpark to Sunninghill or Broadacres. It would be great if there was a local club where training sessions, group runs, time trials and cycle rides etc were organized. There is benefit to be had from training with other people. Its more sociable and you push yourself harder. It seems to me that my only real choice is to sign up with Randburg Harriers (round the corner from me) and perhaps Northcliff Cycles or maybe Cresta wheelers from a cycling point of view. I very much like the Cyclelab setup but again too far out. From what I can see on the TSA web site I still think the "No club" option is valid. Perhaps if I suggested it Randburg Harriers would even consider opening a triathlon section at some point in time.

Contact Dave Coetzee @ Harriers. He is vice chairman going ahead. Adrian (RH chairman, not swimming coach) is not able to continue as chairman. Cresta Wheelers has moved their club location to the Randburg sport grounds, so apparently there will be a discount on membership if both CW and RH memberships are taken

Edited by agteros

Aqua tri is your best bet.They have the cycling affiliation as well.Have deals with northcliff cycles for discounts as well as others.Pop me a pm with your e-mail address and i'll send you their membership form thats hows benefits and what they offer

Cheers