Soggy's mountain bike build, finally!!

Soggy

• 3 months later...

Hey!!

Looks awesome!! Congrats and hope you have fun on it!!!

The mod on looks a lot better then the original! If you look at the newer models I think they went your route!!

Now get some dirt on those wheels!!:thumbup:

Q

looks cool but why is the tires small block 8 before the setup and racekings afterwords? did it magically transform because i wouldn't complain :clap:

Edited by Inusc

i love solutions like that! just one question.. was there not a reason the original looked like it did... seems like it was designed to have flex?

looks cool but why is the tires small block 8 before the setup and racekings afterwords? did it magically transform because i wouldn't complain :clap:

was my thoughts exactly... but worthy exchange... both are good tires

Awesome build!

I need to find a similiar frame for my next project, proving to be a bit of a mission though.

I tried to convert them to tubeless with the UST race kings but couldnt get a proper seal, so I just got tubes with liquid in and am using that. I could seal the tyres up with a compressor but not with a hand pump, too little air to force the sidewalls to bind. Tubes are working perfectly.

i love solutions like that! just one question.. was there not a reason the original looked like it did... seems like it was designed to have flex?

Nope no flex, flex would cause the chain to pull and give feedback to the pedals. There is a great vid on Youtube that explains the GT I-Drive system quite well in how it uses that system to relieve pedal bob.

So far bike is working very well, although I need to stiffen up my front fork a bit more. A little too soft for my weight.