The Engen Dynamic Cycle Challenge returns to Durban

Matt

The Engen Dynamic Cycle Challenge returns to Durban

Press Release - 23 September 2011

Sunday 2 October 2011, Starting time: 06h15, Moses Mabhida Stadium, Durban

The eagerly anticipated Engen Dynamic Cycle Challenge returns to the South African sporting mecca of Durban on Sunday, 2 October. The race starts and finishes at the majestic Moses Mabhida Stadium and cyclists can look forward to safe and exciting routes with full support from the City of Durban.

Cyclists can register online at www.edcc.co.za or via fax (entry forms are available from leading cycling shops). Entries close on Tuesday, 27 September 2011. Late entries will however be accepted on 1 and 2 October at STS Sport situated in the Moses Mabhida Stadium.

The Engen Dynamic Cycle Challenge caters for all levels and offers 100km, 50km or 20km routes. Registration fees vary in accordance with the route selected (R120, R100, and R80 for the short route). The first 250 entrants to register will receive a limited edition Engen Dynamic Cycle Challenge t-shirt.

As part of the pre entry incentive and safety drive, Engen will be issuing an ‘Engen Emergency Saddle Tag’ to every entrant. These tags include medical information and the personal details of each participant, and is a handy tool for cyclists to carry at all times. The tag will be issued on entry and should be placed just underneath each cyclist’s seat.

Engen will again provide a cycling village packed with a host of activities, including: food stalls, a kiddies play zone, Engen Safe Cycling demonstration, free leg rub downs at the Energising Tent, great prize give-aways and loads more. Added to this, are some fantastic lucky draw prizes, including Schwinn Mesa Mountain Bikes and amazing cycling hampers.

The ‘Recycle’ initiative will also be launched. Cyclists are kindly asked to donate their old bicycles or bicycle parts. These can be dropped off at the Engen Bike Donation point which will be situated in the cycling village. The old bicycles will be refurbished and used in the Engen Safe Cycling community programme where scholars are educated on safe cycling and the rules of the road.

South Africa’s leading energy company will also once again donate 50% of all the entry fees raised from the Durban leg of the Engen Dynamic Cycle Challenge to the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital Burn’s Unit, as it does at all EDCC events. Last year Engen raised over R 80,000 across its three EDCC events (PE, Durban and Cape Town) and hopes to exceed the amount this year. After the Port Elizabeth leg, this year’s figure stands at R 23 000.

Enter now and don’t miss out on the Engen Dynamic Cycle Challenge- love riding it!!

For more information or to register, visit www.edcc.co.za for entries.

• 10 months later...

hoping so...their website is 'under construction" so hopefully it's being updated with the new race schedules. maybe try pinging admin. he might have insider knowledge.

I see it listed for the end of November on the CSA website calendar so hopefully it happens. Says the details are still TBC though so who knows. It would be a real shame if it doesn't though, we need more races, not less.