Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Nah, my reward is doing the 24hr race in Parys, cant wait.

Amen. I will see you there Saturday. Gonna be a epic event. You wont be able to miss my team we will all be wearing the pink shirts :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm stressing about this Champix I'm taking, it makes you feel kind of nauseous all the time, and I have Karkloof race this weekend. I don't want to stop the Champix as I feel it's working and doing it's thing, but I'm worried big time it's gonna effect my race.

What to do, not worry about the race and concentrate more on the giving up? Take a slow ride feeling nauseous, or abandon the race idea all together.

I had the same when I started. it went away eventually. Just take a slow ride and meet lots of new ppl. my 2c

Amen. I will see you there Saturday. Gonna be a epic event. You wont be able to miss my team we will all be wearing the pink shirts :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Blue Bulls supporter I take it :whistling:

Blue Bulls supporter I take it :whistling:

ouch that hurts. No its the wife and one of her friends idea's. Sharks supporter over here

I had the same when I started. it went away eventually. Just take a slow ride and meet lots of new ppl. my 2c

Thats what I'm thinking, I just sense I will not enjoy it if having to ride with the back markers, can you imagine the bottle necks and I'll have to be shouting track(Trek) and calling people dumbasses, will also need to take a few mini pumps so I can pull a Rouxtjie

ouch that hurts. No its the wife and one of her friends idea's. Sharks supporter over here

Well all forgiven then :thumbup: . How long did you feel nauseous for? I'm on Day 5 and have been taking the two pills a day and that has made the sick feeling even worse

Thats what I'm thinking, I just sense I will not enjoy it if having to ride with the back markers, can you imagine the bottle necks and I'll have to be shouting track(Trek) and calling people dumbasses, will also need to take a few mini pumps so I can pull a Rouxtjie

true that. What i found working is 30min before taking it drink a bottle of water and another with the champix. also the night before dont drink it and go sleep. drink it just after dinner or atleast 1hr before sleeping

Well all forgiven then :thumbup: . How long did you feel nauseous for? I'm on Day 5 and have been taking the two pills a day and that has made the sick feeling even worse

lasted till day 7 for me

true that. What i found working is 30min before taking it drink a bottle of water and another with the champix. also the night before dont drink it and go sleep. drink it just after dinner or atleast 1hr before sleeping

Thanks will give that a go then, the women who works next door to me, stopped taking it from feeling sick and preferred to carry on smoking instead of feeling sick all the time, two days left of this smoking for me, Sat is D-Day :clap: I've certainly cut down, not that I was a heavy smoker to begin with.

I noticed NO nausea if taken after a meal, on empty stomach it's terrible...

Cool, see you there...wont be in a pink shirt, but on a very very very bright green bike....look out for me.

day 7 for me now, haven't used any pills, patches or gum, but I must say my apatite has gone up quite even though I am full I still crave something to eat, :(

day 7 for me now, haven't used any pills, patches or gum, but I must say my apatite has gone up quite even though I am full I still crave something to eat, :(

http://tinyurl.com/cmdjxg8