Russell Bell Memorial Ride 12 November 2011 – Kensington Drive – Durban North

Clayton Blackler

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q292/blacklerca/RussellBellLesothoTrainingCamp2005-1.jpg

In honour of the one year anniversary of the sad loss of Durban cycling community’s good friend and fellow cyclist Russell Bell, a memorial ride will be take place on Saturday 12 November 2011 at 6.30am from Kensington Drive. All Cyclists of every calibre are invited to what promises to be a well-attended ride. Back up support will be provided on route. We’ll take a leisurely ride to Umdloti and back to Kensington drive where Caffé Java will welcome all cyclists partaking in the ride with various specials exclusively for participants, please bring this article with to qualify for a cappuccino and muffin for R20 as well as 20% off anything else ordered.

We would like to ask all cyclists that attend bring a new toy, these will be collected prior to the ride and redirected to the East Coast Radio Toy Story Drive.

The route is as follows: Proceed along Kensington drive following the road all along until it becomes Newport Drive past La Lucia Mall, turn left into Armstrong and first right under the freeway and then first left into Ridge Road, at Umhlanga town the ride will proceed to Umdloti on the M4 where the ride will turning around on the Umdloti bridge. The ride will return to Durban, taking the Umhlanga turnoff, following Ridge Road through Umhlanga Rocks, it will turn right back under the M4 and left into Armstrong avenue past the back entrance of La Lucia mall, the ride will proceed along Armstrong and turn left into Newport which becomes Kensington drive.

Look for the event on facebook: Russell Bell Memorial Ride 12 November 2011

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q292/blacklerca/CaffeJava-1.jpg

Edited by Clayton Blackler