Garfield2010. Thank you.

davem

I am sure if all the hubbers go look in their garage we could find quite a few old bikes/parts etc that we dont really use anymore.... Maybe we can also create a kind of a "reach for a dream" whishlist thread for people that are really in need....

Then we need a bike shop to come to the party volunteering to serve as a hub for collection of these bikes and maybe a free service and putting together bikes from donation parts as well as donating them to the people in need.....

It could serve as good publicity for them. Lets be honest, selling that old bike for R200 is nearly as rewarding as making someone as happy as Ian...........

I am sure if all the hubbers go look in their garage we could find quite a few old bikes/parts etc that we dont really use anymore.... Maybe we can also create a kind of a "reach for a dream" whishlist thread for people that are really in need....

Then we need a bike shop to come to the party volunteering to serve as a hub for collection of these bikes and maybe a free service and putting together bikes from donation parts as well as donating them to the people in need.....

It could serve as good publicity for them. Lets be honest, selling that old bike for R200 is nearly as rewarding as making someone as happy as Ian...........

There is already a Build a bike thread, not sure whats happened, as I've still got the box of parts that was supposed to be collected. :unsure:

Dave

Looks like he could do with a pair of cycling shoes.

What size shoe does he wear.

I have a old pair of Sidi T1's he can take off me (and i'm sure i can find a set of pedals as well)

The bike does have a shimano standard clipless pedals so shoes would be cool. What says Mr Style-man about that wheelset combo?

Hi GrantC

Ian does have cycling shoes and the bike does have clipless pedals. The bike was a surprise so he didn't have his shoes with him. I put on some normal flat pedals so he could get home. He has changed to the proper pedals now.

Cheers

Dave