Cricket......

E1A104

Sixty required off the last six. Steyn has three overs left. Kohli is in too. India have the upper hand, but this is close

Steyn is back. Do you see the basket with all of South Africa's eggs? Will Kohli try to go after him and demoralise South Africa

And India took nine off steyn.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well played indians... made it look easy at the end!

what you think went wrong for proteas?

Kohli is a master at chasing totals

Has several centuries in the 50 over games with the pressure of chasing

Again, today, with ease he controlled the pace of his innings and got boundaries when required.

What a player.

Edited by ' Dale

our first game at the ground, their fifth in the last week.

I think you don't really blame anyone, we should have been able to defend that total -didn't look the better team at all

Question time.

Does anyone actually give a continental about women's cricket?

good luck to our protea ladies today.

Its much more attractive than women's soccer or rugby. Our women's team challenge is the same challenge associate nations face in that they get no TV time, and will struggle to raise sponsorship and therefor will struggle to turn pro like the English, Aussie, Indian and West Indian ladies. I'd like to see women's cricket as say the curtain raisers at the mens game to increase its profile. Over time you will see an increase in skill, much like we saw in Cycling and Mountain Biking when women started competing more seriously in these disciplines.

Its much more attractive than women's soccer or rugby. Our women's team challenge is the same challenge associate nations face in that they get no TV time, and will struggle to raise sponsorship and therefor will struggle to turn pro like the English, Aussie, Indian and West Indian ladies. I'd like to see women's cricket as say the curtain raisers at the mens game to increase its profile. Over time you will see an increase in skill, much like we saw in Cycling and Mountain Biking when women started competing more seriously in these disciplines.

Perhaps we can even take the initiative in SA for a women's premier league or champions league.

back to the local scene, the domestic season wrapped up over the weekend.

Dunno how much he really has a hand in it, but Paul Adams has now won both the sunfoil series he's been cobras coach.

the batting lineup has been strong, with Justin Ontong and Stiaan van zyl heading the stats, puttick also in the top 5.

what has probably been the strength is the depth of the bowling, take out proteas steyn, kleinveldt, hendricks, robbie p and the backup guys are also rolling over batting lineups.

I think the experience of Justin Kemp has also been invaluable, there's lots of wily old characters playing locally long after their last proteas game - mckenzie, prince, jj van der watt, boje, morne van wyk and i think they really aid their youngsters.

OK so its IPL time tomorrow. The SA boys in action will be:

F DU PLESSIS CSK

Q DE KOCK DD

JP DUMINY DD

W PARNELL DD

D MILLER KXI P

J KALLIS KKR

M MORKEL KKR

M DE LANGE MI

AB DE VILLIERS RCB

A MORKEL RCB

D STEYN SRH

The most noticeable omission here is Hashim Amla. I would have thought that there would have been a few bargain purchases on players that performed well in the Ram Slam T20, like Morne van Wyk, Buren Hendricks and Kyle Abbot, but I guess the IPL is so spoiled for choice that fringe players in SA, Aus and the Caribbean will find it difficult to get a spot. The move seems to be rather to go with established ex international players to bring their knowledge and skills into these franchises so that young Indian players can benefit. A good move to develop Indian Cricket methinks.

• 3 weeks later...

NEWSFLASH

Australia have reclaimed the No 1 Test ranking for the first time in five years, with captain Michael Clarke calling it the most satisfying day of his career.

They also remain the top-rated one day international side in the latest official rankings from the International Cricket Council (ICC).

NEWS24

NEWSFLASH

Australia have reclaimed the No 1 Test ranking for the first time in five years, with captain Michael Clarke calling it the most satisfying day of his career.

They also remain the top-rated one day international side in the latest official rankings from the International Cricket Council (ICC).

NEWS24

Aussie coach Darren Lehmann offered, "I don't think we're No.1 until we win a lot of series away from home and at home. Once we start doing that and spread the gap between No.1 and No.2, then you can start calling yourself the genuine No.1.”

NEWSFLASH

NEWS24

how can the most satisfying day be where he doesn't even put on the whites and head out to a middle and hit some balls??

Since we're now behind by a ball hair, I suppose the first test against india where we batted out for the draw where victory was very achievable is probably where we could have made the difference. but it's all a bit silly really, this time last week we were ahead by 8 points and have been penalised by not playing enough test cricket - which is a double punishment.