DHL Shipments

Caerus

Does anyone know how to track a DHL parcel once it has entered South Africa from a foreign county ? (Germany in this case)

According to the DHL website and the tracking details thus far, South Africa DHL services may use a differant tracking no. system to the overseas branches, thus making the original Tracking No. null & void.

Any ideas people?

They were as helpfull as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, this while the woman chewed gum in my ear trying to give me info which doesn't make sense. With the German tracking no, it says it landed on Sat morning, now the local people say it hasn't arrived. So they must be refueling the plane mid-air or something :unsure:

I'll give it a day, it now gets delivered by the Post Office, can't understand why it doesn't go to the DHL offices.

I'll give it a day, it now gets delivered by the Post Office, can't understand why it doesn't go to the DHL offices.

Might be it's coming in via EMS (the international courier service that includes Parcelforce, as used by CRC etc.). Try the normal tracking routes like www.parceltrack.co.za etc.

Might be it's coming in via EMS (the international courier service that includes Parcelforce, as used by CRC etc.). Try the normal tracking routes like www.parceltrack.co.za etc.

Nope, guess it will arrive tomorrow out of the blue :unsure:

Did you find Bike24 helpful and efficient ?

As efficient as could be, top notch in fact, just at the mercy of the postal service it seems. I will definitely use them again. :thumbup:

Edited by Caerus

As efficient as could be, just at the mercy of the postal service it seems. I will definitely use them again. :thumbup:

I have used DHL tens of times,once you have cracked the system,wow get the international tracking nr,convert it to a SA tracking nr,get the nr of a peron at the SA postal services that works with the new tracking nr, then it becomes a breeze,but like anything(well for me anyhow),it just takes a bit of time to like I say"to crack the system" did you deal with Sebastian at Bike24? Hope your goods arrive very soon.

I have used DHL tens of times,once you have cracked the system,wow get the international tracking nr,convert it to a SA tracking nr,get the nr of a peron at the SA postal services that works with the new tracking nr, then it becomes a breeze,but like anything(well for me anyhow),it just takes a bit of time to like I say"to crack the system" did you deal with Sebastian at Bike24? Hope your goods arrive very soon.

Yeah, Sebastian even called me to introduce himself, which was pretty decent of him :thumbup: He kept me updated right till the parcel left. It seems my parcel is lost in a black hole at the moment, I'm sure it will surface soon :)

"DHL" as understood by most, refers to the express courier product "DHL Express", with offices worldwide. This is a premier international hand-to-hand courier service like Fedex, UPS (not US Postal), & TNT. It is owned by German state-owned Deutsche Post, the operator of the German postal service. What the recipient (Caerus) needs to know (from the sender) is whether the parcel is an express courier parcel, handled in SA by DHL Express delivered directly to his physical address, or whether it is a parcel sent by DHL international postal service to his postal address and will be processed by the SA Post Office.

In the first instance, the shipment would be trackable on the website www.dhl.com.

If the item was sent by post, the recipient should check with the SA Post Office client service call centre 0860 111 502. Only once the parcel is in SA and processed by SAPO, is it allocated a parcel number (only if it had a number at origin). If the recipient has an international tracking number, SAPO cust service will be able to assist by providing the recipient with a tracking number with an "ii12345678ZA" format. Many unregistered parcels get sent from overseas and one just has to be patient as there is no way of tracking such a parcel. This ii number would also be trackable on the SAPO website.

As efficient as could be, top notch in fact, just at the mercy of the postal service it seems. I will definitely use them again. :thumbup:

I don't understand, DHL Couriers are a private company they have no ties to the SA post office, they do however, have ties to POSTNET, not the same, who use them for their courier needs, so maybe this is your issue, do you maybe have a Postnet address and its been delivered through Postnet and not the SA Postal service.

However I think its still odd, I landed an order (a small motor) from France a few weeks ago and it was delivered by a very smart DHL driver in a nice yellow DHL branded truck right at my door, so I don't know, maybe you only gave them a Postal address, hard to drive a truck to the post box. :D

Maybe there is a crossed line here bud, I just cant see where DHL Couriers and the SA post office come in as partners.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

"DHL" as understood by most, refers to the express courier product "DHL Express", with offices worldwide. This is a premier international hand-to-hand courier service like Fedex, UPS (not US Postal), & TNT. It is owned by German state-owned Deutsche Post, the operator of the German postal service. What the recipient (Caerus) needs to know (from the sender) is whether the parcel is an express courier parcel, handled in SA by DHL Express delivered directly to his physical address, or whether it is a parcel sent by DHL international postal service to his postal address and will be processed by the SA Post Office.

In the first instance, the shipment would be trackable on the website www.dhl.com.

If the item was sent by post, the recipient should check with the SA Post Office client service call centre 0860 111 502. Only once the parcel is in SA and processed by SAPO, is it allocated a parcel number (only if it had a number at origin). If the recipient has an international tracking number, SAPO cust service will be able to assist by providing the recipient with a tracking number with an "ii12345678ZA" format. Many unregistered parcels get sent from overseas and one just has to be patient as there is no way of tracking such a parcel. This ii number would also be trackable on the SAPO website.

That pretty much summed up everything :thumbup: It must be getting "processed" still, as it had a parcel number.

...... What the recipient (Caerus) needs to know (from the sender) is whether the parcel is an express courier parcel, handled in SA by DHL Express delivered directly to his physical address, or whether it is a parcel sent by DHL international postal service to his postal address and will be processed by the SA Post Office.

Aha, there ya go, good point Buckstopper.

Aha, there ya go, good point Buckstopper.

I was hoping for the man in the nice DHL suit and van :rolleyes: Oh well.