Backpacker day pack for commuting?

RudoJ

Hey guys

I discovered an old-ish Backpacker Air-Flo 37L backpack at my parents' home (in my old room)

Ive been toying with the idea of commuting to work at least every Friday (about 26km in total).

Would you use a backpack like that?

Its got this mesh liner at the back to prevent uneccessary sweating and the hip band to take weight off your shoulders, and not too big. Must probably pack it and see if I'm comfy.

Main issue is no showers at work, but should be ok.....any tips on this?

used a back packers frame like that for years.. its quiet big and can fit a lot.

should be ok.. keep deo in your draw...

As you say, pack it and see if you're comfy. It's a good pack and probably perfect for commuting, bear in mind though you'll sweat with any pack on your back.

I've had most of them and they all end up with the same thing.

That pack sounds similar to the one I'm using currently. Also recently started commuting (25kms).

Just do it, you won't look back.

You get these wipes (like wet-wipes, but lemony fresh) you can use to wipe yourself down with.

I try and commute as much as possible in summer, whenever the hell it's coming this year. I leave a pair of shoes at work, and just put the clothes in my backpack

Thanks Guys,

Done a bit of research since my post this morning and saw that I can use that pack.

But its good to get some comments as well. I've attached pics of the pack.

Yeah, my "commute" will require a bit of logistical planning; I'm the only one who can take my son to school. Luckily its in the opposite direction from my office. So the plan is to drop him off the normal time, leave car at home, commute into work. The reverse applies in the afternoons. Luckily I work until 4pm. I need to drive during the day to meetings etc, so I can do this once a week for now and then later, twice.

Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the tip Twiga, will "swipe" a pack of my son's baby wipes and see how it goes. Luckily my hair is short, so no real "helmet hair" issue!

post-15052-0-47576300-1321359226.jpg

post-15052-0-29216800-1321359264.jpg

Backpacker were a great range of packs.They were made in Selebi-Phikwe in Botswana btw.

Just one thing I find strange.

I rode to and from school every day come wind rain or sun,to friends in Houtbay,Seapoint,Gordonsbaai from Claremont up till the army on a ss fixed cog track bike and we never sweated excessively.No special clothes or shoes.

Just jumped on and rode...no sweat excuse the pun.

Has something changed?