Xterra

Garfield2010

the doping laws and bodies that manage them are an absolute joke, this guy gets banned because some guy testifies that he may have doped dating back to 2005 ? Lance is still appearing at hearings.......is he still the TDF champion if he is found guilty? Contador ? and list list goes on and on :thumbdown:

I have no doubt that he is guilty. The courts have always favoured the athletes so when someone is eventually found guilty you can be sure that he doped alright.

Also the Contador case is done now. Why must we wait until Jan 2012 for a verdict?

@GARFIELD, simple answer to your question is No....sadly, this clown has a history and when he was suspected it was for MTBing not Tri and the two I think has mutually exclusive governing bodies. So easy if you get into trouble for one sport just change codes hopefully he will start running out of sports codes to change to as I would not hold my breath for the governing bodies to take their heads out of the sand.

Yes Wheelsuck.............

It just sucks that everytime I start to follow a sport related to cycling and start to get faith then this bull***t happens.

I just started following Conrad and Dan and now Lance and this guys taints the sport with this......

Whats next? Ironman?

Garfield, we were discussing doping in triathlons a while ago at one of the energade races because of the doping control that took place there and not one of us could remember ever hearing of a pro tri athlete being tested positive, i guess there will always be one or two but generally speaking i think tri is pretty clean

Garfield, we were discussing doping in triathlons a while ago at one of the energade races because of the doping control that took place there and not one of us could remember ever hearing of a pro tri athlete being tested positive, i guess there will always be one or two but generally speaking i think tri is pretty clean

I hear you. We have to realise that testing is very expensive. The reason a lot of guys get caught in the TDF is because they have a budget to test for everything but even this is not enough. A lot of the guys eventually still get busted, but for other reasons than a positive test. Rassmussen got banned cause he lied about his training whereabouts.

A bunch of other guys got banned because they found syringes and EPO in the team docters posession for example.

My question then is if they did obviously dope, why did their tests come back negative? I believe that it is possible to dope undetected. A guy like Jan Ullricht is expected to spill the beans within the next month or two about his doping. He was tested just as much as Lance. Why negative all the time? He was also banned because of the "fuentes" scandal or whatever it was called.

A guy (Dr on CNN) said the other day that more money has gone into research on how to dope with out being detected then into cancer research.

Anyway my point is that the triathlon certainly does not have the budget yet to test properly.....

I wonder what would happend if they had?

I also wish I knew what they tested for in triathlon? EPO? Testosterone?

Edited by Garfield2010

its a good point you make. but i might be ignorant but till its proven that triathletes are dopers too i am going to hope/believe they are clean. the sad thing is as you will probably agree is, we as amateur athletes measure ourselves against the pros and usually think to ourselves... well i know i do "If only i had a couple more hours a day to train i could give these guys a go" but to think that they have an "ADDED" advantage would be devastating to me and i wonder if i would continue participating if this was proven

its a good point you make. but i might be ignorant but till its proven that triathletes are dopers too i am going to hope/believe they are clean. the sad thing is as you will probably agree is, we as amateur athletes measure ourselves against the pros and usually think to ourselves... well i know i do "If only i had a couple more hours a day to train i could give these guys a go" but to think that they have an "ADDED" advantage would be devastating to me and i wonder if i would continue participating if this was proven

Maybe it is better if we never knew!!!

Lets just assume innocent until proven guilty!!

yip that's what i think

PS you coming down for the BSG race in vanderbijl on sunday?

Unfortunately not. I have done every single race under the sun so far. It is however a bit expensive to travel for almost 3 hours in total and race for only half of that! I am rather gonna do a 3 hour TT ride on my trainer as I am doing the 70.3 in Jan!

Enjoy it if you go, it is a very fast course!!

sorry man i thought you are in JHB .... i stay in vandbjl so i know the course well, you gonna come down for the prestige ultra in Feb?

jeez i dont know whats worse.... pro's doping or age groupers?? at least the pros can use greed as an excuse. but age groupers? i cant understand why they would dope?