From the Inside Out

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

flamebait perhaps, but dont expect too much. They awesome at those 2 - 3min webisodes, but the style does not translate to the big screen. meh

flamebait perhaps, but dont expect too much. They awesome at those 2 - 3min webisodes, but the style does not translate to the big screen. meh

Interesting take. One of the few bits of negative feedback I've heard about it. Can't wait to see it tonight.

tw: the riding is insane, can never be faulted, but the presentation was underwhelming tbh. but keen to hear your take on it after youve seen it.

tw: the riding is insane, can never be faulted, but the presentation was underwhelming tbh. but keen to hear your take on it after youve seen it.

For sure. I thought the Coastal Crew had a rawness they carried off well, but that that may have been tempered and knocked into shape by Anthill's involvement. Looks like I'll have two opportunities to evaluate it. Might be watching tonight's Jozi screening and the Pretoria premiere next week too!

Tumbles, the riding, as Cap says, is fantastic. There were several OMF! moments in there, and some really good footage. My main complaints are that it was

A: Too damn short! They could have inserted the 10 3 minute shorts they published on the web to make it that much longer and more worthwhile

B: It didn't flow nicely together. Follow Me & even Lifecycles had far more depth and enjoyment factor, and they were only about 10 to 15 minutes longer (okay, that is like 33% to 50% longer, so that is a big difference)

C: Too damn short!

As for the rawness - I definitely agree with you there... But it just didn't carry over to the screen as it did in the shorts. The shorts were all "small time riders riding big time stuff" and just having fun - what it's meant to be. The film, however, is just ride ride ride ride, oh, a train. Ride ride ride. Finish.

Edited by cptmayhem

Tumbles, the riding, as Cap says, is fantastic. There were several OMF! moments in there, and some really good footage. My main complaints are that it was

A: Too damn short! They could have inserted the 10 3 minute shorts they published on the web to make it that much longer and more worthwhile

B: It didn't flow nicely together. Follow Me & even Lifecycles had far more depth and enjoyment factor, and they were only about 10 to 15 minutes longer (okay, that is like 33% to 50% longer, so that is a big difference)

C: Too damn short!

As for the rawness - I definitely agree with you there... But it just didn't carry over to the screen as it did in the shorts. The shorts were all "small time riders riding big time stuff" and just having fun - what it's meant to be. The film, however, is just ride ride ride ride, oh, a train. Ride ride ride. Finish.

Thanks for that. Now my own opinion is going to be coloured by yours and Capri's! :lol:

Oh, and congrats on Baby Mayhem! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks mate!

Don't get me wrong - the riding was UBERtastic! But you'll see what we mean.

Cool! Even if the film is a bit disappointing, the vibe of The Bioscope, the Maboneng Precinct street life and the &Union beers will more than make for an entertaining night.

Cool! Even if the film is a bit disappointing, the vibe of The Bioscope, the Maboneng Precinct street life and the &Union beers will more than make for an entertaining night.

Can't go wrong with that... Oh - and look out for the frenchies!

Got some tickets for the PTA screening on Monday! Looking forward! Missed out on Life Cycles, not missing out again.

bang on with The Frenchies suggestion. You gonna love the froggies Tumbles.

Cool, now I'm really looking forward to it! :thumbup: