Tuning RockShox SID RLT

Smolly

Hi,

I've had my Rockhsox SID RLT 120mm for a few months and am enjoying it more than one could imagine. I understand a bit about the settings, but dont feel that i'm using them to their full potential.

Could anyone please give me some sound advice?

Thanks,

Neil

interesting question and i hope to find some answers myself, what i heard is regardless of what you set your + side to always keep the - side 10 PSI less this is what i have been doing and it works but i too don't know if i am using the full potential.

interesting question and i hope to find some answers myself, what i heard is regardless of what you set your + side to always keep the - side 10 PSI less this is what i have been doing and it works but i too don't know if i am using the full potential.

I think i have set my air pressures correctly, and have sued the same theory you are using.

I must say that its an awesome fork which has changed my ride compeletely, but I think there must be more to it!

Set your sag at 25-30%of travel. (Personal preference)

Remember the pressure you pumped to get that amount of sag. Negative you pump to slightly less than this amount. If you have more negative than positive pressure, it literally sucks the fork down and you sit with less travel. Too little negative and you lose small bump sensitivity.

Rebound is also personal preference. Best is to go ride a favourite piece of trail over and over and play with pressures and rebound rate. Same with the lockout threshold. Although I sometime change this in a ride, I usually leave it at about 75%full.

Set your sag at 25-30%of travel. (Personal preference)

Remember the pressure you pumped to get that amount of sag. Negative you pump to slightly less than this amount. If you have more negative than positive pressure, it literally sucks the fork down and you sit with less travel. Too little negative and you lose small bump sensitivity.

Rebound is also personal preference. Best is to go ride a favourite piece of trail over and over and play with pressures and rebound rate. Same with the lockout threshold. Although I sometime change this in a ride, I usually leave it at about 75%full.

Thanks for the info, but I'm not sure how to set the sag etc. Please could you tell me how.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, but I'm not sure how to set the sag etc. Please could you tell me how.

Thanks

Does your fork have sag marking on the stanctions?

sag is the amount the shock is depressed when you sitting in a normal position on the bike, the easiest way to measure this is to put a cable tie loosely around one of the stanchions, slide it down to the bottom and then climb on the bike, when you climb off you will see a gap between the cable tie and the wiper. this would be your sag. you can use the same idea to check the amount of travel you are using by going for a ride with the cable tie in place and checking where the cable tie is after the ride...... hope this helps.........

What Face plant said.

Your fork has a sag indicator on the stanchion if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise a O-ring if it has one or a zip tie works great.

• 5 months later...