New PPA seedings are out

stratus5

Cool ta.

Wellington ride on Sat was my best so far - not enough to change my seeding, but still very pleased as I really didn't have a strong ride

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool ta.

Wellington ride on Sat was my best so far - not enough to change my seeding, but still very pleased as I really didn't have a strong ride

Same here with my Bay City - felt strong in the beginning but faded up Ou Kaaps.

3 top races are Burger, D'ville High and Bouckeart Soenen. Finish the year on a B seeding of

10.32355...... not too shabby from starting in spring 2011 in J.

Edit: Bay City is 4th best but good recovery from 99'er crash (in 5th spot)

Edited by Tiny K

Same here with my Bay City - felt strong in the beginning but faded up Ou Kaaps.

3 top races are Burger, D'ville High and Bouckeart Soenen. Finish the year on a B seeding of

10.32355...... not too shabby from starting in spring 2011 in J.

Kudos - good progress.

Happy with my season, last 3 rides I've logged are all nicely clustered within my new P seeding. Optimistic that with some good training next season I can get a few groups faster.

I am pleasantly surprised that the seeding run has already been completed. In the past near Argus time seedings were the last thing on the PPA's mind.

Quite chuffed with the results. From the beginning of January to today I have moved from P group to I group. Will see what the next spring season has in store. :D

edit: Typo

Edited by MichaelD

From the beginning of January to today I have moved from P group to I group. Will see what the next spring season has in store. :D

Nice one - well done.

Kudos - good progress.

Happy with my season, last 3 rides I've logged are all nicely clustered within my new P seeding. Optimistic that with some good training next season I can get a few groups faster.

Thanks man :thumbup:

Your training should happen over the winter period - LSD (long steady distance). 100Km + rides where you keep you heart rate lowish (vs race HR) and do the mileage.

Come a month before Spring 2012, you start with speed work, short distance and only two midweek rides of high intensity.

Well that is my plan..... I'll let you know how much I am failing come one month before spring :clap:

Thanks man :thumbup:

Your training should happen over the winter period - LSD (long steady distance). 100Km + rides where you keep you heart rate lowish (vs race HR) and do the mileage.

Come a month before Spring 2012, you start with speed work, short distance and only two midweek rides of high intensity.

Well that is my plan..... I'll let you know how much I am failing come one month before spring :clap:

Cheers good tips thanks.

Funnily enough that is very much my plan, in fact I'll be "building up" my winter training bike over the next few weeks, with help from Wiiliam on wheels and maybe stuff I get stuck on.

Hoping to get fit enough through winter to tackle my first DC come November, assuming I can find a a space in a team aiming just to finish rather than set a fast pace.

Nice to have some dreams and plans beyond the Argus ...

Wild year for me. :whistling: Started in H, dropped to I, improved to G, dropped to I again, ended up with H seeding. And I did the whole year with my original seeded number. ;) ^_^

Wild year for me. :whistling: Started in H, dropped to I, improved to G, dropped to I again, ended up with H seeding. And I did the whole year with my original seeded number. ;) ^_^

Just say you were being consistent :P

Cheers good tips thanks.

Funnily enough that is very much my plan, in fact I'll be "building up" my winter training bike over the next few weeks, with help from Wiiliam on wheels and maybe stuff I get stuck on.

Hoping to get fit enough through winter to tackle my first DC come November, assuming I can find a a space in a team aiming just to finish rather than set a fast pace.

Nice to have some dreams and plans beyond the Argus ...

Lekker for the bike build :thumbup:

re DC team - keep your feelers out at an early stage. See who is riding (maybe start a thread like I did). I know William is looking at 6hrs this year :eek: I am going to die if I do ride with them - but I guess it's all about conditioning and building on where I am now.

Edit: 'Dale is looking at his first DC too this year..... just saying. Otherwise, put your own team together.

I am sure that riding Elites in Spring will definitely be an eye opener for me but a good learning experience. Would love to ride in a team at some point too, even if it is just for the experience :thumbup:

Edited by Tiny K

Lekker for the bike build :thumbup:

re DC team - keep your feelers out at an early stage. See who is riding (maybe start a thread like I did). I know William is looking at 6hrs this year :eek: I am going to die if I do ride with them - but I guess it's all about conditioning and building on where I am now.

Will do. William mentioned the 6hr target when I was in on Monday. But then he also mentioned doing the Epic on a fixie. I think I saw the mental institution ambulance pull up as I was leaving. Hope they let him take his truing stand to work on my wheels whilst he's in there.

I am sure that riding Elites in Spring will definitely be an eye opener for me but a good learning experience. Would love to ride in a team at some point too, even if it is just for the experience :thumbup:

Good luck - go for it, sure it'll be something you'll never forget

very happy with my progress! Started in N in currently in G :clap:

still chasing my half cripple bro in C :whistling:

Edit: 'Dale is looking at his first DC too this year..... just saying. Otherwise, put your own team together.

Might also be interested in doing the DC again this year. Looking for a team aiming at around 8hrs. Faster than that is too fast for me, but I don't want to be on the road for 9hrs plus like with my last DC team.

Might also be interested in doing the DC again this year. Looking for a team aiming at around 8hrs. Faster than that is too fast for me, but I don't want to be on the road for 9hrs plus like with my last DC team.

Well from our first attempt of 9:10 to last year's 6:25 with William's team - BEEEEEEG jump!

Well from our first attempt of 9:10 to last year's 6:25 with William's team - BEEEEEEG jump!

Too BEEEEG for me!!