Old mtb restoration

divernick

Looks good. What / where is Brights?

if you cant get it up country, we can sort something out and I will post you up a tube or three.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Are you open for business??

haha, thanks, I'll take that compliment!

I probably put in 4 hours to strip the paint, 6 hours of sanding and 4 hours of polishing.

I don't even want to think of what it would cost to pay someone for 14 hours of labour!

As posted, this was a learning experience, now when I have time I'll be doing this on my SS HT.

There are companies that'll strip and polish your frame for less than a grand....I wouldn't be so cheap :D

if you cant get it up country, we can sort something out and I will post you up a tube or three.

I might take you up on that! I want to do my personal ride in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

No clearcoat. Use some car wax polish to prevent oxidisation. It's been standing outside in the weather for 2 weeks and still looks pristine.

No clearcoat. Use some car wax polish to prevent oxidisation. It's been standing outside in the weather for 2 weeks and still looks pristine.

You bloody barbarian!

It's truly amazing how the removal of paint and polishing of the frame transforms the bike. Bear in mind that you can polish any alloy component like this... Think bars, cranks etc.....