Best compression socks?

mtbvip

I regularly fly overseas and develop severe leg swelling each time I do. I take my cycling pretty serious and want to purchase recovery socks to mainly help prevent leg swelling, the associated risk for deep vein thrombosis, as well as aid with post workout recovery. Any advice with regards best brands and which shops you recommend would be appreciated. Currently I am considering the Anatomic "legstrong" recovery socks, but am a bit circumspect as I am not impressed with the quality of their cycling gear in general. Has anybody used the Anatomic socks?

Edited by mtbvip

I am using Compressport R2 leg sleeves for running and recovery and I am very happy with their fit, performance and quality. Can't comment on any other brands as I haven't used them.

I would recommend sleeves and not socks as leg and foot size do not always corelate.

I have a pair of the First ascent CPR full length pants

I am happy with them but have nothing to comapre them with

I am using Compressport R2 leg sleeves for running and recovery and I am very happy with their fit, performance and quality. Can't comment on any other brands as I haven't used them.

I would recommend sleeves and not socks as leg and foot size do not always corelate.

Thanks for the reply. Apparently the sleeve-only option is no good for deep vein thrombosis prevention.

if its deep vein thrombosis you are concerned about on long distance flights then purchase a specific pair from a hospital pharmacy that is used for patients suffering from that condition. They take into account leg length, ankle and calf circumference. Sports compression socks are not really as effective for deep vein thrombosis.

Compresport is great, service is bad!very bad my wife have paid and are still waiting on socks-first in customs the the parcel never got delivered-too many excuses

This is prob the best brand, second choice will be linebreak

Anatomic and some of the sa brands are no good. I have tried a few dif ones and will rec the linebreak for you flying since I regularly fly myself and also use them sometimes