• Topeak Saddle bag (with contents)
  • Right hand LG short finger glove
  • Left hand Pro long finger glove
  • 3 x sun glasses
  • RavX Multi-tool
  • Polar HR Monitor
  • C02 cartridge
  • RavX Multi-tool pouch

Give me a shout and discription if it belongs to you or someone you know.

Hi Tim,

I lost a mutli-tool and pouch on the 40km - the one half (with a flat mutli-spanner type tool on the inside) slides on top of the main tool body (including a chain breaker) and had a black pouch.

Edited by Mario123

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first half-marathon and I have a long way to go with my fitness but climbing is definitely not my strong point and with 30km's odd of climbing I was very slow.

I loved every minute of the route ... after all it is Sabie!

I just want to say I am still replaying the last 10km of downhill and singletrack in my dreams every night :drool:

Thanks to everyone for making the race so wonderful!

Hi guys,

I lost a pair of Oakley Jawbones, clear’ish lenses with black and gray frame. As per picture in link. I lost them on the 75km race I think somewhere between the first bit of single track and water station 1.

http://ospitaletto.betacrew.org/forum/Public/data/livornico/2009226185728_oakley_jawbone1.jpg

Any ideas who i can speak to or ask for help.

Any assistane greatly appreciated.

Hope you all enjoyed the ride as much as me!

Adrian

Hi Tim,

I lost a mutli-tool and pouch on the 40km - the one half (with a flat mutli-spanner type tool on the inside) slides on top of the main tool body (including a chain breaker) and had a black pouch.

Hi Tim,

I lost a pair of Oakley Jawbones, clear’ish lenses with black and gray frame. As per picture in link. I lost them on the 75km race I think somewhere between the first bit of single track and water station 1.

http://ospitaletto.betacrew.org/forum/Public/data/livornico/2009226185728_oakley_jawbone1.jpg

Adrian

Lost and Found

Hey guys, here is a list of stuff that we found in Sabie:

• SAS board - no 29681
  • 3 x sun glasses
  • RavX Multi-tool
  • Polar HR Monitor
  • C02 cartridge
  • RavX Multi-tool pouch

Hi Tim,

Adrian

Lost and Found

Hey guys, here is a list of stuff that we found in Sabie:

• SAS board - no 29681
  • 3 x sun glasses
  • RavX Multi-tool
  • Polar HR Monitor
  • C02 cartridge
  • RavX Multi-tool pouch

Hi Tim,

http://ospitaletto.b...ey_jawbone1.jpg

Adrian

Nope. He did the marathon, but started in A batch, not with the SS. He did a 4:14 in his leopard suit and Elvis sideburns. Only saw him at the start of the 1st climb and then never again. That leopard can ride a bike.

Dwayne Klingbiel did the Sabie Ultra on SS , also did Baberton Ultra SS. 6:13( Baberton) and 6:41 ( Sabie)(I think)

I was there, attemted Ultra SS and failed at both, so his achievements are from my point of view amazing. I also did Atakwas SS this year and I think Baberton and Sabie Ultras were a lot harder.

You clearly didn't read my post or maybe you just never had the opportunity to ride a really enjoyable race. Take something comparable in terms of physical effort, say day2 of Sani2C. It's similar in terms of time in the saddle, similar in terms of total ascent etc. But Sani2C day 2 is 10X more fun! Why? Because it's "all about the riding" and not "all about the suffering". Having a good time and a enjoyable day in the saddle is what it's ultimately all about for the majority of us riders out there. Plodding along at under 10km/hr average and pushing your bike in the mud just isn't on my list of top 10 features that a MTB race should have.

This was a UCI marathon event designed to a world class standard. Finally we are getting exposed to events that compare internationally. Historically here in SA we have had relatively easy events with not much technical challenge and not enough climbing. I don't think that you can compare Sani2c day 2 to this ultra route. Sani day 2 is under 100km and just about 2000m climbing. This ultra was at least 10km longer with 3000m+ climbing, thats a whole extra 1000m vertical.

Having a good time and an enjoyable day in the saddle is not about the event but rather about your preparation and expectation of the event. The event is what it is, you need to make sure that you are prepared properly and have realistic expectations.

The ulta was one of the hardest days out ever for me but I learned some valuable lessons just like I did many years ago on my first Sabie marathon.

Hi guys,

Adrian

Hi guys,

Adrian

Hey Adrian,

Sorry, but no Oakleys picked up...only cheep sunnies.

• 3 weeks later...