Can this be repaired and by WHO??

Neg

agreed with PoS,but it depends on the insurance company. For instance, when I call my insurance to register a new item, the cover starts from the end of my sentence, despite the paperwork still a few days coming. The calls are recorded so that suffices in terms of official record. calling is also the quickest way to get cover.

If you cant get them to cover you, reaching into your pocket means buying a new bike. The cost of fixing that will outweigh the benefits: it's jsut not worthwhile, because frankly, the best thing to do in that case is replace the whole toptube. Not worthwhile.

Scrap it. Pursue the insurance angle and hope for the best.

yeah pursue the insurance option, i was in the process of getting insurance for a car and it required gear lock etc before they would cover.

trues bob the day i left my car with my father to get the alarm system/gear lock fitted it was stolen.

insurance paid under the premise that it was in the process of getting done, full pay out