Advice on really good wheel builder near Somerset West ?

walkerr

Yeah, I tend to go in for a quick chat and walk out there an hour later :eek: :whistling:

Ah, I don't feel so bad then - I managed to tear myself away in about 50 mins ;)

Well there is William Keith and then you can also try William Keith, so you have a choice there :)

Damnit - now you're confusing me with choices ....

Well there is William Keith and then you can also try William Keith, so you have a choice there :)

<like> :thumbup:

Cheers Rob. Also used CA (still think of them as Maverick's) a few times in the past and had very good service. Will keep them in mind as a possible, although so far I'm pretty comfortable with William to do the build for me. I just wish he'd had better things to say about Ambrosio Excellence rims - everything I read seemed good and got me lusting after them. Crazy really, Mavic Open Pros will probably end up cheaper and just as good, they just don't have the same p0rn value.

Edited by walkerr

1st stage of wheel build is under way SON dynamo hub ordered.

Had few chats with William, so I reckon he's gonna be my builder (unless I suddenly get courageous and decide to do it myself). I reckon they'll be Mavic Open Pros. Looks like the Hope Pro3 rear hub doesn't take campy 11 speed though, so I may have to revise my ideas if I decide to go Chorus which is the groupo I'm leaning towards.

• 2 months later...

Damnit - now you're confusing me with choices ....

Well I could also mention that William Keith has built great wheels for people in Durban 'n All as they know his workmanship, but I won't bore you with the details or I won't allude to the fact that he has a Santa Cruz 29'er Superlight frame in store at the moment with a rear shock for 12K ... just saying.