Your 2012 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour start time

Heckflosse

Is anybody doing 2 laps this year?

i would like to, but i read recently you can get a ban if you do? Im starting in B so should be done by 9h30 or so and then want to ride with my bro at 9h50 odd. obviously i will take off my chip for round 2

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

W at 7:21. At least I'm up from the double letters, but my times this year haven't been good. I'll have to GU from start to finish.

Aaargh! Only a week to go: have to adjust the front derailleur, change the front tube, do a wash, lube the bearings & chain ... so much to do, so little time.

23km/h up 'bossie! Freaks of nature!

At least I'm up from the double letters,

I've gone from A to AA in 4 years. I wonder how much lower I can go

i would like to, but i read recently you can get a ban if you do? Im starting in B so should be done by 9h30 or so and then want to ride with my bro at 9h50 odd. obviously i will take off my chip for round 2

Yip, the organisers frown on riders doing 2 laps and you can be disqualified, even if you take the timing chip off. But still some people did it last year and I'm interested in how they managed to get in the start chutes again.

I'm also staring in B and considering it.

I've gone from A to AA in 4 years. I wonder how much lower I can go

There's poetry in that...

A

AA

AAA

Yip, the organisers frown on riders doing 2 laps and you can be disqualified, even if you take the timing chip off. But still some people did it last year and I'm interested in how they managed to get in the start chutes again.

erm.... I have heard that you take your chip off and join the queue again....... a buddy did it like that for charity last year which was based on distance (the sponsorship that is).

They can't really spot one B number in between the masses........ the lack of chip makes you undetectable :ph34r:

erm.... I have heard that you take your chip off and join the queue again....... a buddy did it like that for charity last year which was based on distance (the sponsorship that is).

They can't really spot one B number in between the masses........ the lack of chip makes you undetectable :ph34r:

Definitely take the chip off otherwise you will be disqualified. But as far as I know you need an entry card to get into the chutes, which you won't have second time around.

Definitely take the chip off otherwise you will be disqualified. But as far as I know you need an entry card to get into the chutes, which you won't have second time around.

I think you join in through the main straight, not through the chutes. Will have to consult and get back to you.....

There's poetry in that...

A

AA

AAA

:D

In A you wear your glasses at the start to stop the bright floodlights , and climb Chappies in the shade.

In AA I have to wear glasses at the start because of the sunlight and climb Chappies in the sun.

I wonder what AAA will bring

:D

In A you wear your glasses at the start to stop the bright floodlights , and climb Chappies in the shade.

In AA I have to wear glasses at the start because of the sunlight and climb Chappies in the sun.

I wonder what AAA will bring

Total blindness from getting mooned by some big built person with VERY stretched shorts :clap: :clap: :whistling:

Will take this to PM status......

Will take this to PM status......

Will also be keen to do it again, let me how it pans out :thumbup: