specialized phenom saddle

brad890

Is there anyone in the pretoria area that would possibly be willing to lend me one of these for 2 or 3 days? have tried all the bike shops for a test saddle but none of them have, and can only help sometime in march.

I would be more then willing to pay a rental fee?

Im looking for a 143 width, went for a BG fit yesterday and was told my saddle is too narrow and thats most likely leading to my back pain. so before splashing R1000 on a saddle would like to try it to see if it will work for me or if i need to look at the selle's or other brands

Is there anyone in the pretoria area that would possibly be willing to lend me one of these for 2 or 3 days? have tried all the bike shops for a test saddle but none of them have, and can only help sometime in march.

I would be more then willing to pay a rental fee?

Im looking for a 143 width, went for a BG fit yesterday and was told my saddle is too narrow and thats most likely leading to my back pain. so before splashing R1000 on a saddle would like to try it to see if it will work for me or if i need to look at the selle's or other brands

Just throwing it out there, have you tried concept cyclery in melrose arch, they were willing to lend me one the last time I was there, about a month ago. It's a bit of a drive from pta but hey its better than forking out the moola on saddle that doesn't agree with you

Just throwing it out there, have you tried concept cyclery in melrose arch, they were willing to lend me one the last time I was there, about a month ago. It's a bit of a drive from pta but hey its better than forking out the moola on saddle that doesn't agree with you

i was just looking that up now, with the cost of driving there to fetch it and driving back plus paying to rent will probably cost me more then money lost reselling the saddle if it doesnt work

I was just taking a chance that someone here on hub maybe had one on a MTB and does road mainly so wouldnt possibly mind lending it for a day or two

i was just looking that up now, with the cost of driving there to fetch it and driving back plus paying to rent will probably cost me more then money lost reselling the saddle if it doesnt work

I was just taking a chance that someone here on hub maybe had one on a MTB and does road mainly so wouldnt possibly mind lending it for a day or two

You dont pay to rent it, you just pay a deposit that gets refunded when you bring it back, I think they bargain on the fact that you will eventually buy a spez saddle, they are awesome though...but ja the trek from that side of the "boerwors curtain" is like a day outing.

Try bester cycles in waterkloof. Also full performance cycles in lynwood road - sure that between the two you would get sorted out

I have one you can borrow. i am moving next week so you can fetch it this weekend.

Give that man a Bells. :thumbup:

Comment from the peanut gallery... I just got myself one of these - fortunately had some test saddles available down here. Awesome saddle - works for me! Took my "own" one out for a 1st ride yesterday and it felt a biiit different from the test saddle, but I expect it's due to the newness.

Comment from the peanut gallery... I just got myself one of these - fortunately had some test saddles available down here. Awesome saddle - works for me! Took my "own" one out for a 1st ride yesterday and it felt a biiit different from the test saddle, but I expect it's due to the newness.

Who is the peanut gallery that you are referring to? I ride with a Spez Phenom Comp 143mm, I know its hard and it pretty much starts that way, Ive been riding on it for 6 months now, and still as hard as the day I bought it.

Ehhrr... sorry. "Peanut gallery" being me... :blush:

It was a friendly warning of what's to come from (not being the mtb expert around here) me, not a reference to posts before.

Agreed - my one is hard(ish) as well - not close to my road saddle. But the shape is so good, it doesn't bother. I had an option of getting a gel version, but that just felt way too soft.(Maybe my roadie wisdom of preferring hard saddles will come back to haunt me on a long ride one day...)

Ehhrr... sorry. "Peanut gallery" being me... :blush:

It was a friendly warning of what's to come from (not being the mtb expert around here) me, not a reference to posts before.

Agreed - my one is hard(ish) as well - not close to my road saddle. But the shape is so good, it doesn't bother. I had an option of getting a gel version, but that just felt way too soft.(Maybe my roadie wisdom of preferring hard saddles will come back to haunt me on a long ride one day...)

Yeah, it was all about the width and shape for me, my ass only seems to like Spez saddles :blush:

I see trouble coming for me. My road saddle is a 130 - and I have been on road only once since Burger. Will hit it again this week, after having just gone through this whole new-saddle-for-mtb process. Hoping that what was a great saddle for me will still be the same - and that Spez-nirvana have not bitten me in the butt...