This is lank annoying...

wesley_r

When looking for a frame the end of last year I had the same problem with them, they even had the audacity to call and discuss options, email me a price break down and then the went so far as to be friendly ..... what is happening to this industry!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hairy - apparently the Cotic is better, I wouldn't know, but that's what "they" say. "They" are right

@Drongo - BFe is nice - but optimised for 150mm travel, right? Where the Soul is optimised for 120-140, making it a nice XC plaything as well? Wrong.

ok I'm wrong - BFe 100-160mm. perfect for my current Sektor (110-150) You gottit !

you bastards! :D

The BFe frame is a lot heavier than the Soul. I had a BFe frame for a while, but swopped it out for a Soul

Pussy!

And I shall end with this..... sweet dreams.

post-20304-0-77983500-1328276766.jpg

post-20304-0-96071300-1328276825.jpg

considering i want to do about 1 race a month on the bike - isn't the soul the better option? how much heavier is the BFe? I really would like to go a bit lighter than my current rig

what am I saying - I AM NOT BUYING A NEW BIKE!!!

considering i want to do about 1 race a month on the bike - isn't the soul the better option? how much heavier is the BFe? I really would like to go a bit lighter than my current rig

what am I saying - I AM NOT BUYING A NEW BIKE!!!

The SOUL eezs por joo amigo, sheeez por joo !

***look at it this way, you aren't. You are just going to be selling an old frame.... :devil:

Edited by The Drongo

the 31.6 seat tube and ISCG mounts on the BFe, plus the lower price and ability to drop the seat further and go to a full 150mm, is all really appealing.

luckily i don't need to decide. I am happy with my bike :ph34r:

(for now)

luckily i don't need to decide. I am happy with my bike :ph34r:

(for now)

So now you make us get all excited..... smuck....

hey I never said I was buying one. I said I was thinking about it. I still am... :whistling:

would be a mission to flog my frame now, and not sure how much I'd get for it anyways...

So now you make us get all excited..... smuck....

Agreed .. now that is like lank annoying!

hey, if i can't share my annoyance, what good is this forum? :P

happy friday everybody, thanks for all the advice :thumbup:

saw that review yesterday, shot :thumbup:

still deliberating, don't hold your breath, it could take a few months :whistling:

IF I get a Cotic though, I really can't decide between the Soul and BFE. My riding is mostly trail / AM type riding. I don't really do DH or DJ, and ride dual slalom or pump track type stuff very seldom (though I do enjoy it). I do, however, ride XC races (the casual fun ride types, non competitively) with my Dad, once every 2 months or so, maybe once a month. Usually 20-40km.

IF I build it off my Commencal, build highlights will include an adjustable travel coil Rock Shox Sektor (110-150mm) with 15mm through axle, and wide, burly AlexRim SupraBHs with 2.3 / 2.4 tubeless tyres. Drivetrain is currently 2x9, but will be dropping the granny gear, and one day will convert it to 1x10 when I can afford to. One day. Long from now :P

Pros of the Soul:

1. Orange!

2. lighter

3. some say a more lively ride

Cons of the Soul:

1. 27.2mm seat post

Pros of the BFe:

1. Burly

2. can run a longer fork (though I am happy with 140mm)

3. ISCG tabs

4. 31.6mm seat post

5. Can slam the seat lower

Cons of the BFe:

1. Heavier

2. Some say less lively than the Soul

3. Will need to run a long seatpost I reckon

Usually weight doesn't bug me, but with the idea of running 1 ring up front, the lighter the bike the better! I am still way unfit on climbs and need all the help I can get!

I must say right now I am leaning towards the Soul, just wondering if it'll handle my 115kg frame recklessly piling straight through the rough stuff. The only line choice is: a straight line :ph34r:

Edited by the_wes

Just remember that you'll need a 30mm seat clamp for the Soul (Hope is the only supplier locally who keeps this odd size - you might get one with the frame though, you can confirm with Cotic)

Not sure what size seatclamp the BFe uses.