Speedplay Pedals

Tiny K

So, I did the 99'er race yesterday and saw my a$$ around a corner. Wet roads and diesel I rekon.

My right speedplay took a beating but my problem is that the screw on the side of the pedal is missing (spotted it post race).

I know it is there for re-greasing. Is it possible to just clean the plastic away and put a new screw in? Otherwise, I will claim a new pair from the insurance.

Advice would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: the screw on the outside of the pedal - http://www.speedplay.com/images/specszero.jpg

Edited by Tiny K

• 2 months later...

I am sorry to highjack your request but what is your impression about the Speedplay pedals? I'm considering buying but since nobody sells them it will have to be via the internetweb. Where did you buy?

Anybody maybe have impressions on the Speedplay frogs for mtb?

I am sorry to highjack your request but what is your impression about the Speedplay pedals? I'm considering buying but since nobody sells them it will have to be via the internetweb. Where did you buy?

Anybody maybe have impressions on the Speedplay frogs for mtb?

Depends where you are. Cycles Direct in Table View Cape Town sell them 021 554 2128 - ask for Gary or Michael.

Nice pedals speedplay, light, strong and have good clearance. It's all down to personal taste tho. I rode shimanos before them but wouldnt go back now...