Wines2Whales

splat

I was VERY happy with Nobby Nic (snakeskin) front and back. Interesting thought - my partner and I decided not to use Camelbacks. Had no problems despite 40C on day 1. Also ended up not using my glasses for most of day 2 and 3. Mudsplatter and dust didnt work in rapid changes light to dark on fast (unknown singeltrack). Nearly made a few very dangerous mistakes on day 1. Stay Alert! I learned a lot about descending and sharp loose switchbacks. Chuffed with first 10% finish. GREAT RIDE!

...I had much better downhill control after increasing the pressure in my fork after day1. On steep descents with braking and turning 270 degrees my fork was "diving" leaving me on the verge of OTB a few times. If you are set up soft this can be a dangerous issue.

If anybody needs a riding partner for the race next weekend I’m available.....

What he said.

Did the Adventure last week and feel like another dose.

There was a lot of very dry rocky ST, I would recommend a tyre with snakeskin as a safety measure. Saw lot's of teams fixing flats, some had to return to the water points for new tyres. The winners of the Vets were on Rocket Rons, for day 3 after having grip issues with Maxis Ikons on days one and two.

Yo Carbon .... you feature about mid way on this clip