Cape Pioneer Trek 2012 Route

GLuvsMtb

i am flying down with 1 time sat morning .Anybody want to split a taxi to oudshoorn with me .Zeelies quote with trailer R450.0.I am prepared as i will ever be .My legs have been sore for a month now from training .Giving them a rest now .Still unsure how to prevent cramping

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving down - will probably leave very early Saturday morning. We'll then drive back the following Sunday, but sleep over somewhere.

I'm guessing we have to organize accommodation for the first Saturday and the last Sunday?

I think you'll have to arrange accommodation for the Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is registration, Sunday the prologue and the race really start the Monday. Accommodation for that Sunday is not included.

I am driving up on the 13th from Cape Town and back on the 20th , after the final stage. Anybody want to split diesel and come up with me? Can take 2 more bikes and so 2 more people.

083 6319796.

Sorted. Car is full.

Edited by kandui

Blitzer, what time are you landing in George?

on sat 13 10;45 on 1 time t6 825.leaving on sunday at around 12 13;0 clock .my flight leaves at 17;45

Ja, half a dozen of the one and six of the other! We'll just have to take it as we get it!!

When are you guys going down? driving? flying to George?

Driving down Friday, driving back on Sunday.

I think you'll have to arrange accommodation for the Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is registration, Sunday the prologue and the race really start the Monday. Accommodation for that Sunday is not included.

Yup, quite right. Have booked at guesthouse in oudtshoorn for Saturday, Sunday and the following Saturday when we return.

Driving down Friday, driving back on Sunday.

Me driving down Thursday, returning Tuesday/Wednesday.....staying in Hartenbos before and after the race!

Me driving down Thursday, returning Tuesday/Wednesday.....staying in Hartenbos before and after the race!

That's a nice 2 week holiday!

Errr... we start at about 13:30. I can't decide if that's good or bad. At least we have an hour start over Kevin Evans and David George. Should be enough... :)

:clap: :thumbup:

See u doing it solo, WOW. Good luck. If you feel down and out, fall back and come join the Kimberly-Clark Vets for some quality company!!

See u doing it solo, WOW. Good luck. If you feel down and out, fall back and come join the Kimberly-Clark Vets for some quality company!!

Yes, call me "solo guy".....but I see many okes and gals in the solo category that can keep me company......during the ride and afterwards in the race village :thumbup: (OK, here I'll exclude the okes!!)http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

I see I am off at 12h12......gonna give me lots of time to shower, get my bike washed and then cheered on the G-Unit team and Kevin and da pro's! :whistling:

Yes, call me "solo guy".....but I see many okes and gals in the solo category that can keep me company......during the ride and afterwards in the race village :thumbup: (OK, here I'll exclude the okes!!)http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

I see I am off at 12h12......gonna give me lots of time to shower, get my bike washed and then cheered on the G-Unit team and Kevin and da pro's! :whistling:

We gonna need all the cheering we can get!

An early start is nice,. As you say, it give you time do all your chores. Plus, the sooner you done, the sooner recovery starts (read beer-time).