GLuvsMtb

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

less than 4 weeks to go....eish!!

I cant wait!

I'm just not too sure what sort of weather to expect? Nathrix?

The weather can be anything. Last year there was one day with a howling wind, so bad that the little tents didn't stay down and they had to arrange accommodation in a local school. But we've had our first taste of summer as well down here in the Cape.

But whatever the weather, I will be there and I will ride.

G-Unit, be prepared for any type of weather. From blistering hot too freezing cold and wet. As Musashi said we had wind last year that blew us backwards on the downhills :) The Cape Pioneer is a super special race, really looking forward to it - Only three weeks and three days to go!

I see you've decided to give 3 towers a skip?

Yes, thought about it twice......and decided not to overcook it!!! :eek: ....rather safe than sorry!! :whistling:

Less than 3 weeks to go. Completed my last training bucket (big bucket) this weekend with 2 road races. Now just to maintain, get use to the race bike, and not getting ill.

BTW, saw the Accuweather forecast for the end of the month :-) Some rain expected.

Oh, and need to drop another kilo.

Yes, thought about it twice......and decided not to overcook it!!! :eek: ....rather safe than sorry!! :whistling:

Probably a good move. Even if it's not as long as previous CPT's it's still a lot of riding.

......2 weeks till the start!!! :eek:

Yep. Looked for the 1st time at the detail of stage 2. Similar in length to the Barberton Marathon, but we climb an additional 1 000m. Luckily I rode last year Dec from Calitz to the top of the pass, so at least I know that I have done this before - kind of.... Seems the route will be wetter than I expected it to be.

Edited by Underachiever

Yep. Looked for the 1st time at the detail of stage 2. Similar in length to the Barberton Marathon, but we climb an additional 1 000m. Luckily I rode last year Dec from Calitz to the top of the pass, so at least I know that I have done this before - kind of.... Seems the route will be wetter than I expected it to be.

Ja, I had a look at the booklet in the new Tread magazine. That climb looks hardcore. Can't wait to suffer!

I'm not sure what's worse - wet, and your bike k@ks off, or hot and you k@k off?

Ja, I had a look at the booklet in the new Tread magazine. That climb looks hardcore. Can't wait to suffer!

I'm not sure what's worse - wet, and your bike k@ks off, or hot and you k@k off?

Ja, half a dozen of the one and six of the other! We'll just have to take it as we get it!!

When are you guys going down? driving? flying to George?

Ja, half a dozen of the one and six of the other! We'll just have to take it as we get it!!

When are you guys going down? driving? flying to George?

Driving down - will probably leave very early Saturday morning. We'll then drive back the following Sunday, but sleep over somewhere.

I'm guessing we have to organize accommodation for the first Saturday and the last Sunday?