Xterra Goodie Bag

Zula

This is not a rant, but rather a rave

I am very chuffed with the goodie bag I just collected for Xterra Grabouw on Sunday. Contents incuded

• New balance dri fit t shirt (funky orange color for me)
  • Rehidrate water bottle and 3 sachets
  • Wintergreen anti chafe cream

It doesn't look like a lot, but its all quality. Not to mention the added extras we get at the event like the Bokomo breakfast zone and the Rehidrate recovery zone. Quality vs. quantity any day of the week. I cant stand the normal goodie bags which include sachets of everything under the sun and that piece of squashed nougat!

This is further vindication to support the BIGGER races and to forget about the marginal ones who rip us off and provide us with nothing other than a route. The likes of 70.3, Sani2c etc etc are far more worthwhile in terms of value than any of the one day events.

In my humble opinion, big up to Stillwatersports who are putting on the Xterra!

Now to wait and see how the event is organised!

Edited by Zula

Buffelspoort was also really good.

Nice cap

Swimming cap

T shirt (good design too, I will actually wear somewhere other than gym)

Water bottle

Lots of rehydrat (I think i got 4 sachets)

Suncream sample

And like you say, bokomo breakfast and rehydrat recovery zone were great.

SMALLER doesn't mean worse. I for one am enjoying some of the smaller events where there is always a friendly face to help you, and you don't feel like just another drop in the ocean.

Argus MTB is a good example of where BIGGER = Worse. Lighthouse 2 Lighthouse is a good example of where SMALLER = better.

That being said, I'm looking forward to my Xterra goodie bag this evening.

As with the BSG Triathlon and the Xterra, the New Balance T-shirt is worth more than the entry fee if you had buy it at a shop. One sport where you at least receive something worth your entry money.

A BIG UP for these orginisers.

Anyone looking for a Lite entry? I know its a bit late but Im going to be there and not participate. So If you just want to go under my name like in the old days, go for it.. Let me know.

You can just meet me there and I'll give you the goods.