100mm full susser frame

Palaeodom

In the market for a new 26er 100mm full susser frame. Looking for a light alu frame for XC and light trail. (got 10k to spend on new not used).

Number 1 option: Giant Anthem (heard only good things about)

any other ideas....?????

what type of forks do you currently have? if you dont have a taper forks then you are already limited unless you willing to use a reducer headset?

Giant need an adapter in anycase as their headsets 'Overdrive II' are bigger than any fork steerer i think.

Not a tapered steerer (I think), but this is a really good frameset: http://www.thehubsa....-black-or-blue/ (no affiliation to the buyer, just a pivot fan)

From what I've seen with frame prices you could probably buy a whole bike, sell the components and come out cheaper?

Edited by Jacquers

Not a tapered steerer (I think), but this is a really good frameset: http://www.thehubsa....-black-or-blue/ (no affiliation to the buyer, just a pivot fan) From what I've seen with frame prices you could probably buy a whole bike, sell the components and come out cheaper?

I have thought about it but i've never owned a brand new bike or frame with warranty and so I'd like something that is covered and new.

The pivot frameset is new, not sure about the warranty though. Wonder what the warranty implications are if you bought a new bike and stripped the components? You could also phone some bike shops and hear if they have old stock from previous years at discounted prices. With the 29er hype 26er sales must be down a bit I'd assume.

The Anthem is a good choice though, you won't go wrong with it.

The pivot reviews all look pretty good. does anyone know who stocks them so i can actually see one? I will look around for some of last years but new frames.

I'm a light rider so want something light to match.

any other ideas other than the pivot?

Do you know anyone with a pivot who can comment on the quality?

Unfortunately not (my friends aren't that rich, hehe) but I have only read good things about it. The reviews all say it's a very solid, good quality bike (go check on mtbr and BikeRadar).

Yep, just looked, they do all seem to think its nice. I like to climb so a little concerned about the extra weight but its all about where they put it and how the machine feels...shme they don't have any shops with them to check out.

Do you know anyone with a pivot who can comment on the quality?

Very good bike. Build quality is top-notch with one of the best suspension platforms (DW-link) out there. High attention to detail. Not the lightest in it's category, but not the heaviest either.

Pivot is imported and distributed by Two Wheels Trading. Same guys who do Momsen, WTB, Ibis, Tomac, Profile Design and plenty more. Back-up and service won't be an issue.

Very good bike. Build quality is top-notch with one of the best suspension platforms (DW-link) out there. High attention to detail. Not the lightest in it's category, but not the heaviest either. Pivot is imported and distributed by Two Wheels Trading. Same guys who do Momsen, WTB, Ibis, Tomac, Profile Design and plenty more. Back-up and service won't be an issue.

Do you know who to contact about warranties and things? Do pivot have any proprietory bits on them?

Do you know who to contact about warranties and things?

TWT (041) 3685708

Do pivot have any proprietory bits on them?

No they dont.