Sani2C Question

The Ghost

I went over to the website to find out more about it, and I see there are "trail" "adventure" and "race" options, cool.

So Im browsing around trying to find anything on the site that tells me what the difference between them is... I couldnt find anything. Either Im blind or the website isnt very helpful in that regard.

Can you tell me the difference?

Thanks

as far i know, they are exactly the same thing just run one day apart from each other. Race, being where all the top dogs want to be. The trail was added this year due to the demands.

The trail is the new event they added this year due to the huge demand. The routes are exactly the same but the three events run a day apart on the dates above. The race is for people who want to ...uhm race. The adventure used to be for people wanting to take it a bit easier and the trail is just an extention of that ... lots of people wanting to take it easier :)

We managed to get into the trail for this year and I cannot wait but looking at the youtube clips there is some hard work to do as well, so I guess we wll need to start trianing.

I went over to the website to find out more about it, and I see there are "trail" "adventure" and "race" options, cool.

So Im browsing around trying to find anything on the site that tells me what the difference between them is... I couldnt find anything. Either Im blind or the website isnt very helpful in that regard.

Can you tell me the difference?

Thanks

Leave the race to the rabid ones. Do any of the others.

The only difference I could tell was that in the race the stage winner get prizes, fame, glory, podium girls etc, while the stage winners of the adventure get given doughnuts and forced to eat them on stage as clearly they climb too fast and need to be weight down.

The only difference I could tell was that in the race the stage winner get prizes, fame, glory, podium girls etc, while the stage winners of the adventure get given doughnuts and forced to eat them on stage as clearly they climb too fast and need to be weight down.

They should give doughnuts to the race stage winners, too...

Can anybody tell me how technical the route is? I know there is alot of climbing but my technical skills are not great, managed to do the Tuli last year but went to Kings Kllof yesterday and really struggled with the loose rocks.....

Can anybody tell me how technical the route is? I know there is alot of climbing but my technical skills are not great, managed to do the Tuli last year but went to Kings Kllof yesterday and really struggled with the loose rocks.....

It's actually not that much climbing.

Day two does get quite technical.

Farmer Glen has personally removed all loose rocks, and I think there is a bounty on any loose rocks that are spotted within a meter either side of the trail.

While there is a bit of climbing, there isn't a leg busting climb on the whole route. They're either gradual uphills, or short sharp ramps.

i also want a doughnut

Plenty of opportunity on the route to eat doughnuts. And muffins. And burgers. And bananas. And sour snakes. And fruit.

The only technical bits on day 2 are the numerous water crossings when you start climbing out of the valley, but they are well marked. I think I counted 3 tree roots and 2 small rocky water crossings last year dropping into the valley.

Did they not put that nice downhill into therace on day 2 last year . I really enjoyed it but my partner said it was for downhillers and not XC riders and that evening I heard a lot of complaints about it . Not so sure about the "short" sharp climb . Heart rate hill I did not find to be that short and the climb after Nando's wasn't short or funny either .

Its technical but not really rocky. Tight twisty singletrack, but nothing too scary. The most that you are likely to lose if you arent strong technically is time.