What's my wheel size setting?!

slayer 83

Isn't that what I get a mail about very now and then .... 'ERTO will be implemented tonight at midnight and points will be deducted for traffic offences' :wacko:

Oh, ya, that abortion. Cool, glad to see they gonna apply it to cyclists as well. Might stop the tapout shirt wearers from skipping red lights and riding with all three of their breasts out in the road.

Thats not very nice, tjop :devil:

Yeah, like I said on a different forum last night, I'm too honest for my own good, but ya'll love me anyway...

Aaha! Thanks alot, was so focused on the damn ETRTO size on the rim that I never checked the tyre! Idiot...

Thanks all

....at least you have not gone down the road of the piece of string and chalkers who want to reinvent the wheel....har har twats

....at least you have not gone down the road of the piece of string and chalkers who want to reinvent the wheel....har har twats

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words they cannot harm me :P

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words they cannot harm me :P

Ever been hit with a hard-cover oxford dictionary?

He he

There must be something about KZN :eek:

Yes, its all the amazing riding we have here, best in the country.

Yes, its all the amazing riding we have here, best in the country.

well, then go ride, and stop wasting time with string and chalk and measuring your wheel diameter.

Roll your wheel along the floor one complete revolution in a straight line and make a mark on the floor at this point.

Take piece of string, wrap around wheel and tyre to get the circumference and hey presto you are in business, mark the string and measure it on a ruler/ tape measure, this will give you your circumference.

Both of these methods will give a circumference estimate that is about 6-12mm too big. Ideally you need to do the roll-out test when you're sitting on the bike since compressing the tyre reduces the effective diameter and hence the circumference.

well, then go ride, and stop wasting time with string and chalk and measuring your wheel diameter.

Maybe you should to, w@nker . :thumbup: