SPRING CLASSICS 2012

'Dale

100 km to go.

A series of climbs coming up soon towards the finish.

The moment of truth ... Soon.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really should read the posts before you re-post...

Mine added some gees to the original...

Not the same, hombre.

14:10:41 CEST

Netapp are giving it a go with their car now. They're probably car that's couldn't move up to the break earlier in the race and this is their only chance.

14:09:08 CEST

There's an Euskaltel car in the middle of the field. A lot of riders arent too happy. Not the best bit of driving we've seen, although I really cant talk. The car finally has enough room to come through and go around the bunch. Phew.

Astana take over on the front of the bunch as we head towards the Kwaremont. Cancellara is at the back, perhaps another problem with his bike or a puncture. He's coming back though.

14:15:44 CEST

81km left and the gap is 2:40

14:14:41 CEST

Team bosses can complain about safety and radios all they want, but really, some of them drive like idiots.

Astana take over on the front of the bunch as we head towards the Kwaremont. Cancellara is at the back, perhaps another problem with his bike or a puncture. He's coming back though.

where are you watching or following the race ?

14:18:55 CEST

Katusha, Astana, Rabobank all pressing on the front of the bunch, trying to get the best position before we hit the Kwaremont. Watch where Klier goes, he knows these road so well. Teammates call him Satnav.

14:17:00 CEST

Maes brings Boonen back to the bunch. Not sure what the problem was there for the former world champion.

14:23:18 CEST

Our Topsport rider in the break has popped as we hit the Kwaremont for the first time today. The bunch are 1:47 behind. Farrar sets the pace.

Tommy Voekler now making faces on the front of the main group who are 57 seconds behind the leaders with 54 km to go... and with that I'm off to take the hound for his afternoon walk... will be a short walk

Christian Knees is now trying to string things out in the main group. Sky have been quite active today, even before Cancellara's crash, with Hayman particularly impressive.

Edited by TNT1

Paolini looks to get clear of that select group ahead of the Paterberg, and he brings Flecha and Pichot clear with him. The trio has 6 seconds over a group of around 20 riders as they approach the base of the climb.

Flecha hits the front as the Paterberg begins, but the real drama is behind, as there is a crash in the main group. Vansummeren hit the barrieres and a number of riders were caught up including Sagan and Breschel. Boonen, Terpstra, Chavanel and Pozzato avoided the fall and are leading the pursuit of the leaders.

It looks like our group is: Tosatto, Ballan, Boonen, Chavanel, Terpstra, Flecha, Guarnieri, Paolini, Sagan, Vanmarcke, and Jerome.

The latter has now taken off and has a small lead.