Which MTB would you chose? Thoughts pls

T-Bob

camber got rated 10 out of 10, one of the lightest AM bikes out there def my choice if i had to buy a new rig, much more versatile than any of the other.

camber got rated 10 out of 10, one of the lightest AM bikes out there def my choice if i had to buy a new rig, much more versatile than any of the other.

you're late bro. He's already ordered!!! Orange 5.

and before the grammer nazi's point it out I did speal 'choose' as 'chose'... I'm just trying to look kewler.

Did you also spell 'spell' as 'speal' to look cooler? :mellow:

Okay, so I'm in the market for a new ride. I've been focusing on road for a bit and the last dirt bike I had was a Scott Scale 40 and before that was a Mongoose Teocali.

So the options I have is:

- Felt Six Elite carbon 2010 (new) 26" - HT

- Specialized Rockhopper SL 2010 (new) 26" - HT

- Specialized Camber FSR Comp 2011 (new) 26" - DS

- Volcan xc Carbon 2012 (new) 26" - HT SRAM x9

General use would be riding cape town and surrounds. Trails and belting about with a view to get some decent training in for a few events next year like Knysna/ PPA events / joberg2c / hell and back.

I never really know about dual vs HT (ridden both and have likes and hates and can deal with both) and I'm not even going to enter the 26 vs 29 firestorm.

I know I have a spread of bikes there but they are all available at about the same prices on clearance down from different prices to the R12 - 14K mark.

Any advice would be good I have my views but would like to hear from others.

http://dale2.bigup.co.za/components/com_mtree/img/listings/m/14.jpghttp://www.thesportsbasement.co.za/content/images/thumbs/0000145_camber_fsr_comp_26_300.jpeghttp://www.thesportsbasement.co.za/content/images/thumbs/0000144_rockhopper_sl_pro_300.jpeg

Cheers guys for the info. I'm never sure one way or another on the DS angle. Yes the comfort is great but the extra weight, issues climbing and bobbing about seems to be always creep in.

Not fixed on any, ht's have their own issues that everyone knows, was just mentioning my issues with DS in the past. Had both and each has plus and minus... can't own both kinds plus the roadies, the boards and all the rest of the toys so a decision has to be made!

Dual any day, unless you are a contender or ride mostly smooth trail ....obviously at this price level you must carefully look at the suspension spec.but if it is any good i would go for dual because it is just so much more fun on technical trails not to mention the comfort.