After ride bike maintenance

TwiggzSA

Gosh, you MTB okes are anal.

Ride road bike. Hang up. Use tomorrow.

Wash every 6 months or so (then get OCD and use earbuds to get everywhere).

Oil chain every few months.

Service about once a year by tightening bolts.

Regrease in about 5 years.

Keep bike virtually original for 25 years.

It pays to ride old-school steel.

Be a Retro-grouch.

Dude.

With all due respect, all you have to do is clean a bug or two off your headtube, wipe the exhaust fumes off the handlebars and put some stuff on the chain. Oh, and brush your teeth.

Bit different in the bush mate. Besides mud, and gravel, and bush, and grass (mud +grass=bricks) there is thorns, snakes in the derailleur, monkeys in the spokes......you can't just leave them there! And you have to get all the stuff OUT of your chain before you can put anything ON your chain.

That's why you can wear white spandex.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ONE WORD.

O C D

That be three. :whistling:

Anyhoos - it's suddenly occurred to me, that if you ever wanted to compile a list of Hubbers that you would want to buy their old bike from - given how it would be in impeccable condition - then it would make so much of sense to pop up a thread like this, check who displays most of the OCD criteria, and then wait for their trusty steed to come up for sale (or harass them endlessly)...

Iron - you selling anything soon?

Bit different in the bush mate. Besides mud, and gravel, and bush, and grass (mud +grass=bricks) there is thorns, snakes in the derailleur, monkeys in the spokes......you can't just leave them there!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love this part!