Garmin Edge 800

Gannet

Is is possible to show your heart rate and temp on this unit while you ride? I can only see this info after downloading to my PC.

You can customise where you want it to appear, training page 1,2,3 or all of them, plus how many info items per page up to ten.

Set it via the screen: Menu, Spanner icon bottom right, Bike settings, Training pages, Timer pages, page (1,2,3 you choose) set amount of display items here with plus and minus buttons (the less items the bigger they appear on screen), press tick icon to view fields, press a display zone ie choose a place where you wan to display your field, eg HR. Then there is a long list of items to display... choose. then repeat for eachitem you want to display for each of the three pages

Bottom left arrow takes you back and out of the menus.

You can customise where you want it to appear, training page 1,2,3 or all of them, plus how many info items per page up to ten.

Set it via the screen: Menu, Spanner icon bottom right, Bike settings, Training pages, Timer pages, page (1,2,3 you choose) set amount of display items here with plus and minus buttons (the less items the bigger they appear on screen), press tick icon to view fields, press a display zone ie choose a place where you wan to display your field, eg HR. Then there is a long list of items to display... choose. then repeat for eachitem you want to display for each of the three pages

Bottom left arrow takes you back and out of the menus.

Thanks

Will try at home tonight.

You can have as many display options you want and on multiple pages.

Enjoy!

Great tool!

Is is possible to show your heart rate and temp on this unit while you ride? I can only see this info after downloading to my PC.

I couldn't find my cadence and i took it back to the shop and told them that it was broken :blush:

The guy in the shop then showed me how to set up each screen.

You can also look here

post-5455-0-52599900-1334674433.png

Its on the 500 so should be on the 705

500 is a completely different beast to the 705. The 105 was to the 705 what the 500 is to the 800. Neither the 105 nor the 705 had temperature. You could get it on the hardware diagnostics screen, so I always thought it strange you could never actually display it on the training pages.

One of the reasons I upgraded to the 800...

500 is a completely different beast to the 705. The 105 was to the 705 what the 500 is to the 800. Neither the 105 nor the 705 had temperature. You could get it on the hardware diagnostics screen, so I always thought it strange you could never actually display it on the training pages.

One of the reasons I upgraded to the 800...

I think you meant 305 not 105

If I'm not mistaken, you can change a data field on the Edge 800 right from the current display without having to wade into settings. You have to push and hold a data field you want to change e.g. - where it says "distance" ... after a few seconds it will give you the option to change distance to another data type like heart rate etc :)