Supplements for children and school kids

Hubbers

I am an agent for a sports nutrition company that has developed products for school going children. I would love to find out from the hubbers what the interest would be in the product range on offer. Please forgive me if I've gone about this in the wrong manner I'm not quite sure the rules about this on the hub, but I presume its fairly open in allowing open conversation amoungst the fraternity

the following products have been developed

- Endurance and recovery drink - 900g price R177.00

- Mass builder - 5kg price R389.00

- Protein meal replacement - 2.5kg price R389.00

- Toning meal replacement - 900g price R262.00

- Multivitamins - 60 capsules R110.00

- Glutemine - 125g price R106.00

- Snackbars - 20 per pack R168.00

Other products available include: Water bottles (toxin free), shakers 9toxin free), and ready to drink energy drinks... and other products will be brought out in the next few months.

The other added advantage of this product is that it does cater for adults as well specifically the toning product but all other products is equally beneficial to adults as well, so Dad, mom, and the children that are involved in sport can use it.

http://www.sportsmaxsa.com/images/resized/images/stories/sportsmaxproducts_310_230.jpg

Please have a look at the website www.sportsmaxsa.com if you want any further info or you can email me

brendan@sportsmaxsa.com

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to knock what you do, but why do kids need supplements? Whats wrong with a decent diet.

I prefer my kids (11 & 13) to drink water for shorter rides. For anything longer than 2 hours, they take a Jungle Oats energy bar along. I encourage them to eat real healthy food and want to keep the use of factory produced food to a minimum. We won't be customers, sorry.

Thanks for the question, and firstly may i say that i agree with you... there is nothing wrong with a healthy diet.

Allow me to give a bit of a background on the product.

The product is a brain child of Heyneke Meyer, a few years ago he was quite involved with the development and training of coaches at school level,

and realised that children were either fairly misinformed about the need for a healthy balanced diet, or fairly misinformed as to the dangers of supplement products (as levels of some ingredients may be deemed dangerous or not beneficial to children). In some cases children were even found to be using banned substances to enhance their performance at school level.

Our marketing approach is therefore firstly one of informing children, parents and the school of the need for a healthy diet, and we are often invited as a vehicle speaking out against substances that can be harmful for children and education . We don't sell ourselves as the be all and is all, but an alternative considering most products were not developed with children in mind, and children do use supplements - its a given.

I prefer my kids (11 & 13) to drink water for shorter rides. For anything longer than 2 hours, they take a Jungle Oats energy bar along. I encourage them to eat real healthy food and want to keep the use of factory produced food to a minimum. We won't be customers, sorry.

Being well informed is key, and based on your feedback your a responsible parent, making an informed decision. We also have a harvest bar of our own - you welcome to compare the above mentioned with one of our bars if you like, let me know if I could send you a sample

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mass builder

Protein meal replacement

Toning meal replacement

EDIT again.

Apologies for any misunderstanding - the product advertised (ProteinMAX) is a Protein rich meal replacement, and (ToneMAX) a meal replacement developed for toning containing goji berries and green tea extract, free from artificial stimulants. Hope this clarifies.

Apologies for any misunderstanding - the product advertised (ProteinMAX) is a Protein rich meal replacement, and (ToneMAX) a meal replacement developed for toning containing goji berries and green tea extract, free from artificial stimulants. Hope this clarifies.

Oh yes and the Mass builder (MassMAX) is a carbohydrate and protein rich product that can either be used in conjunction with carbo-loading or mass building, and not lean muscle mass building like the protein product mentioned.

From what age can the kids start using these products?
The product is fit for anyone down to the age of 4. Not that I suggest a four year old use it, like the previous informed hubber, consider the type of excercise and product in relation to the need. For example the EnduroMAX energy drink could either be used 30 minutes prior to an event and during as a carbo- loader and recovery, and as means of hydration. The MassMAX would be suggested to those participating in full contact sport needing to put on mass muscle - good example is Rugby. The proteinMAX is a lean muscle builder and recovery drink aiding in muscle recovery and supplementing ones diet with essential vitamins and minerals. One needs to make an informed decision and this means considering their specific needs, generally high school is a better frame of reference especially with the above mentioned products, however our snackbars are a healthy harvest bar just about any age can eat and is suitable for lunchboxes or a snack, rich in essential fats, proteins, multigrain, and is slow energy releasing ideal for children.

first thing that strikes me, is why would you need a meal replacement ? Are you saying that your product is better than a parents ability to judge what is best for their kids ?

Strange to me as well.

Well since its the brainchild of Mr Meyer, I can might just as well give it to my 3 and half year old son, who at this early age is showing a huge talent for rugby and hope to have him bulked up and ready for Super Rugby at 14!

please note this was all tongue in the cheek. I would not ever consider giving my son or any kids supplements at such an early age, maybe from 17 onwards yes, but until then they dont really need it. Best of luck with your venture

Edited by RudoJ

The MassMAX would be suggested to those participating in full contact sport needing to put on mass muscle - good example is Rugby. .

Kids that play rugby want to get bigger ,faster and stronger and these products will always appeal to them.

Some parents have no idea what is in these products and will do anything to help their kids achieve goals.There is no way i would lets any kid use a product like MassMAX :eek:

Kids that play rugby want to get bigger ,faster and stronger and these products will always appeal to them.

Some parents have no idea what is in these products and will do anything to help their kids achieve goals.

It's far worse. All this crap does is indoctrinate kids to the idea that there is a pill or a potion to help them achieve. The next step? Doping to get to Craven Week. Head butting the ref. Awesome.

Like I said. I'm equally shocked and disgusted.

This one of there u/16 sponsored athletes.

Show that to anyone with more than one brain cell, and they'll tell you that you wont get that cut without juice. Especially at that age.

Anyone have a contact at department of health? This ass clowns with their supplements should be taken to task for corrupting our youth.