SRAM vs SHIMANO

J0KER

Dam, making me have second thoughts of life after sith... :o

Well ill get the SithRAM , then at least ive seen both sides &can decide for myself which is better.

"When it comes to brakes ... Shimano win hands down"

NH u mean just VS SRAM or over Hope and Formulas too? B)

Dude ... if you want good shifting from SRAM the lowest you go is X9 ... my DH bike came with X7 :eek: ... and they hit the bin after 2 rides ... thats how crap they are in comparison ...

With the brakes i havent ever run hopes or formula so cant comment.

Hayes are crap ... IMO (worse than Avids)

Avids are good ... but are like a chick with PMS sometimes ... so its because of that that i am not a fan

...... to give them their dues .... my chicks got Avid Elixir Cr Carbons on her DH bike and they feel awesome (Now that we just had ALL the internals replaced) .... but give them 6 months and they'll feel *** again.

Thats why i love Shimano - perfect modulation ALL the time ... no quibble ... :thumbup:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed ;

The SRAM X9 trigger shifter brings XX and X0 features to a more affordable price level: Pull lever ball bearing technology. Zero loss travel. Adjustable clamp. Matchmaker compatible. SRAM raises the bar in the performance MTB shifter market with the new X9: Lightweight, adjustable, tough.

Edited by 2nutz

Dude ... if you want good shifting from SRAM the lowest you go is X9 ... my DH bike came with X7 :eek: ... and they hit the bin after 2 rides ... thats how crap they are in comparison ...

With the brakes i havent ever run hopes or formula so cant comment.

Hayes are crap ... IMO (worse than Avids)

Avids are good ... but are like a chick with PMS sometimes ... so its because of that that i am not a fan

...... to give them their dues .... my chicks got Avid Elixir Cr Carbons on her DH bike and they feel awesome (Now that we just had ALL the internals replaced) .... but give them 6 months and they'll feel *** again.

Thats why i love Shimano - perfect modulation ALL the time ... no quibble ... :thumbup:

Dude thnx for the breakdown :thumbup:

Would be cheaper just to get another XT mech... ordering after lunch , will have to decide :(

• 3 weeks later...

And CWC just got 2x10 gripshifts in whoop whoop

Ye kinda sucked cudnt squeeze the x9 shifters into budget,then week later sale was on & x9 were only 160 rand more then the x7's.Will buy x9's as back up soon or just wait for 10 speed when my chainrings finished & move this SRAM to my HT.

Like the bulky levers on sram, rear mech chunky too, have to see if i dont case it on a rock :thumbup: