French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Patches, is that Jontys bike? well was it Jontys bike?

yarp! twas the bike you're thinking of. Pity it will never be ridden that fast/skillfully ever again :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I may have to skip the trip. Getting briefed on a big project tomorrow, so it'll be very difficult to take a week off. Combine that with difficult to justify travel and accommodation costs, and it's not looking good. :wacko:

Looks like I may have to skip the trip. Getting briefed on a big project tomorrow, so it'll be very difficult to take a week off. Combine that with difficult to justify travel and accommodation costs, and it's not looking good. :wacko:

What! How on earth am I going to get those pedals from you now?! Do you know how long I've been waiting for pedals made from ice cream sticks and toilet rolls?

It was having to spoon with Peach that scared you off, wasn't it? You could have slept on the floor... or been little-spoon.

But seriously... sorry to hear that. I mean about the trip. Big project is good news though. Peach will drink a Mutzig and I'll dedicate my 1st bail to you!

I may be able to pull through for 2/3 days, but that will be very last minute.

The bright side: big project = money for bike stuff!

Guest Omega Man

Peach will drink a Mutzig

Careful! That stuff is lethal

Peach will drink a Mutzig and I'll dedicate my 1st bail to you!

Peach is allergic to most things. I highly doubt he'll drink a Mutzig, so I will drink his share when you're buying :thumbup:

Guest Omega Man

Peach is allergic to most things. I highly doubt he'll drink a Mutzig, so I will drink his share when you're buying :thumbup:

The youngsters in our crew decided that this year was a year for records and had SIX each on the one night. The one dude who was not drunk in their unit slept on the balcony cos of the stench of vomit.

I went into the unit and it looked like someone had popped a black bag of VOM on the floor. they had to go buy a mop to clean the mess.

You have been warned.

The youngsters in our crew decided that this year was a year for records and had SIX each on the one night. The one dude who was not drunk in their unit slept on the balcony cos of the stench of vomit. I went into the unit and it looked like someone had popped a black bag of VOM on the floor. they had to go buy a mop to clean the mess. You have been warned.

Sounds like a challenge :devil:

Sounds like a challenge :devil:

Note to self and Peach: Do not let Super_mil come visit our apartment when he has been drinking

Guest Omega Man

Note to self and Peach: Do not let Super_mil come visit our apartment when he has been drinking

Boys. If you do do it make sure that you leave ALL valuables at home. The website says 7.3% but there's also LSD in there. I'm sure of it.

Add to the the fact that you will almost certainly be dehydrated when you drink it and the altitude all make for a dangerous brew. pardon the pun.

Aaaah, Mutzig. The beloved beer is such an institution in this area - though not everyone would agree the morning after!

There are so many myths attached to the Mutzig name; some say it can vary between 4% and 12%, some say it is stronger in Morzine’s Bar Robinson than anywhere else. But what is the history behind this amber nectar?

Mutzig was initially brewed in its namesake town in the Alsace Province in France on the border with Germany. The brewery in Mutzig was founded in 1810 by Antoine Wagner and continued to produce the beer even when it merged with the three other breweries in the Alsace province. This formed a company called ALBRA (Alsacienne de brasserie), which was bought out by Heineken in 1972 who continued the production of Mutzig. The original group also continues to produce a beer under the Mutzig name but it is now made in the Fischer brewery in Schiltigheim, in north eastern France.

Did you know that apart from in Europe, Mutzig is also extremely popular in Africa? It is brewed in at least three countries across the continent; Rwanda, Cameroon and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

There are two different types of Mutzig; the regular one and Mutzig Old Lager, which is the really potent one! Mutzig may vary in strength but all we know is that it will most likely affect you in a way you are not used to so be careful when you drink it. There’s a very clear reason why most people choose to drink this fantastic beer in demis not pints!

Guest Omega Man

My Mate Richard thought it would be funny to try to get me drunk on Mutzig the day we arrived. I poured most of it out and the karma police nailed Richard 3 days later.

He crashed on the dirt road leading in to Les Gets. cracked ribs. Torn Ligaments. Trip over.

My Mate Richard thought it would be funny to try to get me drunk on Mutzig the day we arrived. I poured most of it out and the karma police nailed Richard 3 days later.

Shame he was being a good mate!

He crashed on the dirt road leading in to Les Gets. cracked ribs. Torn Ligaments. Trip over.

Guest Omega Man

haha. Just messing around. Last year he broke his ankle a week or 2 before we left. This year he managed 1 1/2 days of riding. Maybe next year he can finish the trip. I asked him when he was gonna wise up and he said never! hahaha.