Slow & unfit - Benoni

funcruiser

I am keen, as long as its not too serious. Tried to join up with a group at BP on Sunday, but them okes are Serious!!!! while they "pottered" down the road, it was all we could do to keep up. So we stopped off at the driving range, hit a bucket, and continued on home.

I am also starting out, so let me know when you want to go for a ride.

Pm me

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tumbleweed,

Any level riders, I am quite slow, still getting into it.

Would this be problematic to join?

Regards

Not at all. Paul and Corne will recee a route the weekend before, and it's likely that groups will form out on the trails. No one will be left behind.

Great thanx! I am making a note right now...really keen to come along :clap:

Cool! :thumbup:

I am also new, on the hub and to mtb. So I would I would like to come, I am doing the Nissan Trail seeker the previous day, hopefully I wont be too tired. <_< I will confirm closer to the day.

Welcome to the sport and the hub. As I told Strada, the pace won't be hectic. Would be a nice leg-stretcher for you after your race.

I am keen, as long as its not too serious. Tried to join up with a group at BP on Sunday, but them okes are Serious!!!! while they "pottered" down the road, it was all we could do to keep up. So we stopped off at the driving range, hit a bucket, and continued on home.

There's another small group that ride sometimes from BP 6.45-7am distance 50-60km ave 20kmh.

Woohoo, been awhile since the last one. Have fond memories of that. :thumbup:

You gonna make it?

Paul and Corne went out yesterday to recee a route. Chances are that groups will form out on the route, but no one will be left behind.

Nice to see so many group rides in Benoni.

We do training rides Tuesday and Thursday mornings from BP on corner Atlas and Northrand. Bedfordview loop - avg speed 22 to 25km/h, yes it is on the road. We get technical training avoiding pot holes, pedestrians and the odd truck. Leave 4:50 sharp.

I did the recee route with Paul the weekend - will be a nice ride! Not to tough, with some nice sections of singletrack thanks to the illegal miners. Enjoy it - I will be sweating bullets at the XC race at Thabo this Sunday. Next time though!

Nice to see so many group rides in Benoni.

We do training rides Tuesday and Thursday mornings from BP on corner Atlas and Northrand. Bedfordview loop - avg speed 22 to 25km/h, yes it is on the road. We get technical training avoiding pot holes, pedestrians and the odd truck. Leave 4:50 sharp.

I did the recee route with Paul the weekend - will be a nice ride! Not to tough, with some nice sections of singletrack thanks to the illegal miners. Enjoy it - I will be sweating bullets at the XC race at Thabo this Sunday. Next time though!

Hi Greg - please send me you cell number I would like to join you guys in the mornings sometimes (my riding mates are all injured after the Sani).

P.S. Sunday sounds like a plan, don't think Tumbleweed will be riding though after seeing his wrist at the shop on Sat?

P.S. Sunday sounds like a plan, don't think Tumbleweed will be riding though after seeing his wrist at the shop on Sat?

I am hoping to be there. Strapped and doped.

Good day all. We are doing a ''MineDump Ride'' from Procycles Benoni. Date 03/06/12 meet from 07h00 to leave at 08h00. Approx. 30km. All levels of riders welcome. Come have fun with us. Please spread the word. If this goes well, we want to try and make it a monthly ride! For more info - Corne 0725195627

I will be there, I got a personal invite :thumbup: