Rietvlei Zoo Farm

NotSoBigBen

Have not been there for a while. BB there is not much info on your website and i cannot get a link to Rietvlei, the 2 links for directions are also not working.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the story in regard to the intended development there at Rietvlei? I signed the petition against the development of housing, but I have heard nothing since then. Whats happening?

Do you ever ride the other side of the main road? Or is that dangerous, full of vagranty types?

scotty, if i recall correctly, you take the r59, then take the r554 (swartkoppies) turnoff, turn right. it's about a kay down the road from where the built-up area ends

Whats the story in regard to the intended development there at Rietvlei? I signed the petition against the development of housing' date=' but I have heard nothing since then. Whats happening?
Do you ever ride the other side of the main road? Or is that dangerous, full of vagranty types?[/quote']

i'll get our metro reporter who covered the story originally to have another look, but she's pretty useless.

greyowl, where are you refering to when you say otherside of the main road, there where the shooting range is?

scotty' date=' if i recall correctly, you take the r59, then take the r554 (swartkoppies) turnoff, turn right. it's about a kay down the road from where the built-up area ends[/quote']

LOL Thanks HR i know where it is, just dont know the open times and if the track is marked and planned as i usually get lost.

Hey Kev...yeah, that section directly opposite. I used to ride my BMX there as a kid in the 80's, and it wasnt the most kosher of places then. (But it was ok then, coz I thought I was Indiana Jones!)

I remember there were lots of little tracks in that area, which I'm sure must get used...just curious as to the safety factor...

i use that section behind the shooting range as a offroad section on my small loop, I havent seen that many people hanging around there but I try not to ride it alone. I know the guys with their offroad machines messa round there. The guys at the shooting range dont realy like people hanging around there cause of stray shots that could head in that direction. Have you tried riding opposite Dinosaurs, that area has elec fencing and they got rid of all the vagrants 

i do hear there is gonna be a bike park built in JHB, dont know where about though so if anyone knows....

Have not tried that "Dinosaurs" route that you are referring to.

I went to school where the now "Aspen Estates" are situated...I remember you could ride straight through from Panorama centre to Swartkoppies near Kibler.

Thanks KevF

Ok' date=' I'm lost (again!)
So you are not a teacher, and your ex mother in law stays in Polokwane?!?![/quote']

Yes - you are right.  What else would you like to know?  Sammajoor is my brother and Tweety is nearly my sister-in-law.  I am single, been divorced 12 years and I have a son that also cycles - under 23's

More?

So you're single, great, please send me a photo of your bike!Wink
MooToo2008-01-09 00:44:20

Ok' date=' I'm lost (again!)
So you are not a teacher, and your ex mother in law stays in Polokwane?!?![/quote']

Yes - you are right.  What else would you like to know?  Sammajoor is my brother and Tweety is nearly my sister-in-law.  I am single, been divorced 12 years and I have a son that also cycles - under 23's

More?

So you're single, Great, please send me a photo of your bike!Wink

the entrance is just down klipriver heading to swartkoppies ,you could enter by the firestation before but I think thats been closed up now . It's safe and there is some really nice riding out there.

I'm assuming this has nothing to do with Rietvlei nature reserve in Pta

Nope, its Alberton/South Jhb.