CompliMed Midlands ULTRA Tri-Series

B-Active Sports

How the entries looking?

Well, Garf looks like a round ginger cat.

I have not entered yet, but when I do shortly, the entries will be looking really good. :eek:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Garf looks like a round ginger cat.

I have not entered yet, but when I do shortly, the entries will be looking really good. :eek:

If you must know....

post-12877-0-47045200-1346326568.jpg

Hi Guys

I hope you had a great weekend!

Entries are going well, but we expecting a surge in the next week or so. Only 3 weeks until entries close.... and if you enter soon you could win a GU hamper worth R500.00

Have a great week!

Hi Guys

Water Temp on Thursday last week was around 19 / 20deg at Midmar Dam according to the Police rescue divers training there that day.

So in my opinion it looks like it might be a wetsuit swim!

Happy training!

Well the pool I train in was 27 this morning. After 20 laps I started to feel like I was in a gold fish bowl in Dubai. 19 / 20 much better with or without wet suit.

Race update!

Entries are pouring in and they close in 9 days time! if you know anyone who hasn't entered yet, tell them to hurry as space is limited.

• Kings Camps will be there to keep your kids entertained and active for free. Kings Camps provide kids sporting activities
  • Rawdons Brewery will be at the finish to give you guys some well deserved and great tasting Beer!
  • Order your GU Race day pack online now and save R100.00!!! - www.midlandsultra.com
  • Buy your FINIS swimming equipment now from our website - www.midlandsultra.com

Looking forward to seeing you all on the 7th October, Get ready to ROCK!!

Updated race entry list on the race website: www.midlandsultra.com - Please double check your name is there!

Last week to enter, so don't miss out! Entries close on the 23rd of September (Sunday) at midnight.

• Kings Camps will be there to keep your kids entertained and active for free. Kings Camps provide kids sporting activities
  • Rawdons Brewery will be at the finish to give you guys some well deserved and great tasting Beer!
  • Order your GU Race day pack online now and save R100.00!!! - www.midlandsultra.com
  • Buy your FINIS swimming equipment now from our website - www.midlandsultra.com

Good luck with your last few weeks of training!

Can we please clarify this I quote from the event information page " Competitors to use their own Yellow swimming caps unless race Swim caps are given at registration" so I dont have a yellow cap right now. So what you are saying is that just in case you decide not to issue competitors with caps on reg day we must supply our own. Surely you know NOW whether you are going to issue yellow caps or NOT.

Sorry to be a stickler on this point but I have had to learn the hard way through stupid mistakes in races so when I see things like this I get somewhat excited.

I'm doing some mental checks here. If the race starts 7h20 that gives me 40 mins to do my swim so I should be out of the water by 8h00. The cycle is flat so it should be a 3h00-3h15 ride for me so that puts me back in transition at about 11h15 and ready for the run. What I would like to know from the good folks out there who done this before what kind of temperatures can I expect at that time of the day ?

This is interesting as well "There will be a water point here, where competitors will be allowed to hand over special requirements and bottles" does that mean we can stash icy cold water bottles in cooler bag so they dont get hot like up at the 5150 at Bela Bela ?

Hi Seeker

The race site was set up 7 months ago and we did not have confirmation of swim caps back then.What we are saying in regard to your swim cap, is that you MUST supply your own back up one just incase we don't suppy. This is usual preperation for any athlete who has done a few races, always have spare cap, goggles and a few other items. You will be happy to know that everyone WILL now be getting a yellow swim cap for the October event. I would suggest you bring a spare anyway... just incase you tear or loose your race one. (Always be prepared!)

You can stash ice cold water bottles in a cooler bag at the bike water point with pleasure. You will however be required to fetch them yourself as our water table staff will be managing the dedicated race water table.

Good luck in your final race prep!

Damian

Hi Seeker

The race site was set up 7 months ago and we did not have confirmation of swim caps back then.What we are saying in regard to your swim cap, is that you MUST supply your own back up one just incase we don't suppy. This is usual preperation for any athlete who has done a few races, always have spare cap, goggles and a few other items. You will be happy to know that everyone WILL now be getting a yellow swim cap for the October event. I would suggest you bring a spare anyway... just incase you tear or loose your race one. (Always be prepared!)

You can stash ice cold water bottles in a cooler bag at the bike water point with pleasure. You will however be required to fetch them yourself as our water table staff will be managing the dedicated race water table.

Good luck in your final race prep!

Damian

Thanks for the reply. I have many spare swim caps that I have gathered over time in red, blue, black, orange etc etc but I dont have a yellow one BUT after Oct 7 I will. I just did not want to waste money getting a yellow one when I already have so many swim caps. Looking fwd to the race.