Winter slump - what can I do to keep my training in winter going?

Then pick a stage :P

In 100%, or out 100% no picking of stages :)

I might do it, need somebody to "baby sit" ;) for me though...

Will an 11 y.o. boy be impressed to be loaded onto the spectator bus for the day? Will they even allow that?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will an 11 y.o. boy be impressed to be loaded onto the spectator bus for the day? Will they even allow that?

Get a tandem, stick him on the back and make him pedal for his supper ... ;)

Get a tandem, stick him on the back and make him pedal for his supper ... ;)

Cycling is not his thing. I have a better chance of him 'encouraging' me with his tennis racquet than him actually applying some pedal force :wacko:

Cycling is not his thing. I have a better chance of him 'encouraging' me with his tennis racquet than him actually applying some pedal force :wacko:

Darn it - also big fear that my 3yo won't grow up to like cycling. My better half has banned me from piping TdeF commentary into his room whilst he sleeps ....

Darn it - also big fear that my 3yo won't grow up to like cycling. My better half has banned me from piping TdeF commentary into his room whilst he sleeps ....

I actually prefer to run for fun. Cycling is always go! go! go!

As long as he does some kind of sport I'm happy. Not going to force him onto a bicycle because I want him to ride. He rides his bike when he wants, how he wants... Hopefully happy memories are made like that!

Still think I should try and 'wing' it for the Jock... crazy? maybe...

As long as he does some kind of sport I'm happy. Not going to force him onto a bicycle because I want him to ride. He rides his bike when he wants, how he wants... Hopefully happy memories are made like that!

Fair comment

Still think I should try and 'wing' it for the Jock... crazy? maybe...

Go for it - worst case is it'll force you to train, and "crazy" is often the start of some of the best adventures

HTFU, and ride your damn bike!

Don't worry your bike won't feel the cold! :whistling:

+1. If you like cycling, "inspiration" to go ride shouldn't be an issue. If you're a roadie then I would understand a lack of inspiration...

and what is the price for all this advice?

The cost of our anticipatory response coaching for scholars is R200 per week, or R2,400 per 12-week cycle, paid in advance every 4 weeks (R800 per 4 weeks). Adults normally pay R300 per week but we currently have a winter special where everyone pays R2,400 per 12-week cycle. However, for those that only need training advice we offer an individualised training programme, based on personal goals, at R1,200 for the 12-week coaching cycle. That is R100 per week for 12 weeks - calculating to R400 4-weekly.

In need of an inspiration to get winter training to the next level, what works best?

Come for rides with me in the morning. Damn its cold tho.

Wake up , get out of bed , get dressed , get on your bike..

Or ....

Get out of bed, get dressed, get on your bike, wake up!

It works just as well

If it's Phil and Paul you'll be bordering on child abuse, Sean Kelly and Dave Harman will make the whole family want to be cyclists...